Thread: avira update manually failed everyday

chaitu95 Guest

avira update manually failed everyday

avira not updating manually i have downloaded update kit and do reinstall of avira personal so many times pls tell other thing to ratify this problem
    i dont have internet connection but i have update kit that kit was working in friend's computer so what wrong in my computer

its getting 1.checking new files 2. stopping service 3. updating files 4. starting service 5.stopping service
    then its coming "update of the update kit was failed" pls help

normal update its get : 1.checking new files 2. stopping service 3. updating files 4. starting service
    but when update failed its gets: 1.checking new files 2. stopping service 3. updating files 4. starting service 5.stopping service

Re: avira update manually failed everyday

I would suggest you to download the latest updates again. And try to install it. If this also fails then it can be that some of the files of the anti-virus application failed. I had a similar kind of issue with Avast where I was not able to update. I had to re-install the Avast anti-virus again and then update it. Check if this works well for you as well.

chaitu95 Guest

sorry i have reinstall so many times update was good but update failed

Hello, I would suggest you to simply try to reinstall the New Avira Setup on your computer. As I think that there may be some of the problem in your Software application giving you this problem. As if you are updating from that application and getting the problem then it may be possible that the updates are corrupted or something. But, if you are having updates and you are installing them directly and then also if you are getting the problem then it is the problem of your software. So, just remove and reinstall it and solve your problem.

idea Re: avira update manually failed everyday

I recently installed the New Avira Antivir 10 and I downloaded the vdf_fusebundle.zip file and attempted to update Avira with this file, but the update failed. I tried un-installing Avira Antivir 10 and doing a fresh re-install, as the first installation had been an upgrade from Version 9. However, when I attempted to Update Avira Antivir 10 again after re-installation, the update failed yet again.

I then thought to unzip the vdf_fusebundle.zip file and I found that a lot of the files were reported as being corrupt. I then downloaded the vdf_fusebundle.zip file again and attempted to update Avira once again, but the update failed yet again. I again tried to unzip the vdf_fusebundle.zip file and found that one file in the archive was corrupt. So I again downloaded the vdf_fusebundle.zip file and this time when I attempted to update Avira Antivir it was successful.

I don't know what was causing the corruption of the vdf_fusebundle.zip file, but having to download it three times meant that I used around 100Mb of data - around half my daily allowance, so I wasn't real happy about that, but at least I had the answer to the problem. Having other computers not connected to the internet means manually updating these computers, so I hope a corrupted vdf_fusebundle.zip file is not the order of the day. I didn't have that problem with the previous ivdf_fusebundle_nt_en.zip with Avira Antivir 9.

What I can say about is "weird problem". However it depends from where you were actually downloading the software? Can you tell us about the same? On the other side, I think there might be some kind of network issue which occurred on your side during the download process. Or it can also be the problem of the site's server. Can't say where is the actual problem!

ThumbsUp Re: avira update manually failed everyday

The update vdf_fusebundle.zip file was downloaded directly from the Avira web site at http://dl.antivir.de/package/fusebun...fusebundle.zip so I don't know what the problem was.

As you say, it may have been a problem with their server or a network issue with our ISP. The main thing is that it's all working properly now and this computer that is connected to the internet is doing its automatic updates correctly. Hopefully, this was an isolated incident and it won't be a regular occurrence. As mentioned previously, I had no problems with the older Avira Antivir Version 9 with manual updating.

Just a query if anyone is still interested in this thread - I have had problems with the automatic update the past few days, and am just downloading the fusebundle file - will see how that goes, but just out of interest - what's your internet provider? I am using firefox, and having recently had issues with accessing my work VPN (have to use IE8 to do this) I wonder whether it may be something to do with that.

Have COMODO firewall btw, but others who have posted on similar threads have had different firewalls inc windows - but have mentioned firefox??

My Avira Antivir has been working properly since the initial problem, however, this last week, the automatic update has not been working, so I have had to click the update button to update the definitions, but then it updates fine.

We have also downloaded the vdf_fusebundle.zip file a few times on this computer without any further problems. It has also been downloaded on a library computer in town a few times and apart from downloading problems (using IE 8), the file itself has worked correctly and not been corrupt once it has been successfully downloaded.

I also mainly use Firefox and keep it updated to the latest version. I just use Windows Firewall and my OS is Windows XP SP3 kept fully updated. My ISP is Skymesh Broadband Satellite Internet (Australia) and it is normally very reliable with only occasional minor problems which are normally quickly resolved by the excellent support staff.

Generally speaking, Avira 10 has been working correctly on this computer apart from this last week with it failing to update automatically. There haven't been any problems with it on the other computers it's installed on and the vdf_fusebundle.zip always works properly for updating them. It was only the first two downloads of the vdf_fusebundle.zip file that were corrupted and we haven't had the problem since.