Thread: Windows 7 says no network lead connected

Windows 7 says no network lead connected

Hello friends, after recent upgradation of the operating system from Windows Vista to Windows 7, I am having this particular situation in my system. The problem is that Windows 7 says no network lead connected. I cannot understand why this is happening because I am able to access the internet even if I see the red cross in the system tray. If anyone has any idea why this is happening, then kindly reply as soon as possible.

Re: Windows 7 says no network lead connected

Hello there, I guess that you are using AVG antivirus in your system because this is the reason why Windows 7 says no network lead connected. I had a similar case in my system. I had to uninstall the AVG antivirus to get rid of this issue. So, you will have to do the same and I suggest you to use any other antivirus like Avast in your system. Please reply if your issue is not solved.

Well, I am not using AVG antivirus. I am using McAfee in my system. I tried uninstalling it. But, the issue is still not solved. I can still see that Windows 7 says no network lead connected in the system tray. Is this caused by the security component installed in the computer. I use the built-in firewall of the Windows 7 operating system. Please help me with the possible solutions and thank you in advance.

I guess that Windows 7 says no network lead connected because there is some problem with the network adapter that has been installed in your system. So, I suggest you to start Device Manager and then, uninstall the network adapter there. After that, restart the system. Now, install the network adapter again. Also make sure that you install the latest driver, that is compatible with the Windows 7 operating system.

It is possible that you must have installed the Windows Media Player or any other DVD software in your system. Because of this, it is possible that Windows 7 says no network lead connected. I was having such an issue in my system. But, I am using the Windows Vista operating system. I think that this is the same reason why you are getting the issues. Uninstall them and your problem will be solved.

Windows 7 says no network lead connected because this may be some other problem that has been encountered. The additional problems associated with Windows 7 are as follows:
    1. Windows 7 has incompatibility problems with many softwares and applications.
    2. It is an expensive operating system.
    3. Windows 7 is built on the same old infrastructure.
    4. Also, Windows remains a closed system.
    5. It is better to use Windows Vista, as it has similar features as Windows 7.