Thread: How to remove backdoor.win32.kbot.al

How to remove backdoor.win32.kbot.al

Hi friends,
    I have a virus problem on my computer. This virus is called "backdoor.win32.kbot.al", i came to know about this virus with my Avast antivirus by scanning my whole system. I have windows xp on my computer and most of the time when i restart my computer, a security warning comes up on the desktop sating that it needs to be updated. I click on the update button but nothing happens. It always comes whenever i start my computer. Please help me with this problem.

Re: How to remove backdoor.win32.kbot.al

It is a kind of Trojan file which provides a remote malicious user with the access to the victim's computer. It is a PE EXE file for windows. The size of its file is 12787 bytes. When it is launched, the backdoor make a copy of its executable file to the Windows system directory:

%System%\mssrv32.exe

After that it creates a service called "Microsoft security update service" which automatically launches the backdoor's executable file each time when you start your system. When it is launched, the backdoor injects its code to the "svchost.exe" process. Which leads to the backdoor infection into the computer.

If your computer's antivirus is not updated or it is not helpful in removing this virus then follow the instructions which are mentioned below to delete this malicious program:

1. You need to use the Task Manager to terminate the malicious program’s process.
    2. Then just you need to delete the original backdoor file.
    3. After that delete the following system registrykey:
    [HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\msupdate]
    4. And also delete the following file:
    %System%\mssrv32.exe
    5. finally you need to update your antivirus databases and perform a full scan of your system.

You can download and installl this security tool which can help you to remove this virus infection from your computer. "Spyware Doctor" help you to clean all the infections which are not possible by most of the known antivrus. This tool comes in the trial version to download for free if you like it and it works, you can then buy it by going on the oficial site of this product. It's free trial and installs on your computer, then scans your system for any type of threat.

You can also remove it manually form your computer, it is recommended that this threat should be removed manually as there are more risks involved by any third party software.

Please follow all the steps to remove backdoor.win32.kbot.al from windows xp:
    1. You need to click on your Windows Start menu, and then you can click on the “Search.”
    2. A pop up will come and ask you, “What do you want to search for?” Click “All files and folders.”
    3. Just type a Backdoor.Win32.Kbot.al file in the search box and then select all the “Local Hard Drives.”
    4. After that click on “Search”, if the file is found out, then you need to delete it.

You can also delete all the registry files related to this virus. But it is important that before you perform registry editing you should always keep backup of your registry.

Please follow all the steps to remove registry:
    1. First of all you need to select your Windows menu then go to “Start,” and click on "Run", in that type “regedit” and then click “OK” to open up your Registry Editor.
    2. Then a registry editor will open.
    3. After that you need to find a registry key i.e "Backdoor.Win32.Kbot.al" registry keys. To find it just select “Edit,” then seect “Find,” in the search bar type Backdoor.Win32.Kbot.al registry keys.
    4. When the related registry key appears, you can then delete all the Backdoor.Win32.Kbot.al registry key by right-clicking it and then selecting “Modify,” and clicking “Delete.”