Thread: Error: cftn.exe is not a valid Win32 Application.

Error: cftn.exe is not a valid Win32 Application.

Hello everybody, I think my windows operating system has been infected by some virus because whenever i try to log in it shows me an error saying that "cftn.exe is not a valid Win32 Application." I do not know what this error means but i have tried to detect something by using an anti virus software but it did not found anything malicious on my computer then why this error keeps on coming on every startup?

cftn.exe is a malicious file.

Actually cftn.exe is a malicious file which can harm your computer but as you said that you have done your computer scan and your anti virus software did not found anything so it might be happening because of some problem regarding the software that you are using to secure your computer. I have removed this file from my computer as it was detected by my anti virus software.

Re: Error: cftn.exe is not a valid Win32 Application.

I think there would be something wrong in your anti virus software as cftn.exe is a worm which can create, delete or modify files on the disk. I suggest you to download the Avast Anti Virus which can remove this worm successfully. This virus must be deleted as soon as possible as it can harm your computer in a serious manner. Click on the AVAST to download it.

If your security software does not works means that your software is not updated or it may happen that your software is expired or have got corrupted. You must keep on updating the security software so that it would be having all the informations about all the latest viruses. It might happen that the version you are using would be a pirated one which lacks in some features as pirated software never works as original one.

Behavior of cftn.exe

Following is the list of the behaviors that can be showed by your computer when it gets infected by the cftn.exe.
    1. Adds a Registry Key (RUN) to auto start Programs on system start up
    2. Modifies System Runtime Policies to limit system usability
    3. Disables the built in Windows File Protection System
    4. The Process is packed and/or encrypted using a software packing process
    5. Terminates Processes
    6. Executes a Process
    7. Can communicate with other computer systems using HTTP protocols
    8. This Process Deletes Other Processes From Disk
    9. Checks for the use of debuggers
    10. Found on infected systems and resists interrogation by security products

You should always keep the Firewall on the windows system Enable as it is the security feature provided by the Windows Operating System which helps you to be safe from any kind of viruses. If you do not have any anti virus software then this feature would be very much useful to you. But for firewall to work as per your expectations, you must keep on updating the version of your Operating System.