Thread: Unable to remove Dr. Guard virus

Unable to remove Dr. Guard virus

Hello friends,
    I have a computer at my home and it has windows Xp operating system. I think i have downloaded a virus which is called "Dr.Guard". I tried to remove this virus from my computer by using Avast antivirus. When the scanning process was continued i left my computer. After a while when i came back all the threats from my computer where deleted. After that when i tried to open a file, a popup came and it asked me "which program should i run it with to open it". I don't know what is going on here please help me.

Re: Unable to remove Dr. Guard virus

I think the "Dr. Guard" is a roguh virus program which is a self protective, and hence it is important to remove it form the computer as it can prevent any antimalware application from running. In order to remove it, you need to follow the procedure described:
    Just download the Process Explorer into your computer and then please rename it to Explorer.exe. After that run the tool and then spot Dr. Guard. Then click on right and then kill the Dr Guard with all of the components which are placed in your computer. This will help you to remove dr guard from your computer.

In order to remove it you need to download "MalwareBytes Anti-Malware" program which can be helpful, just follow the steps which are mentioned to remove Dr. guard.
    1. You need to download and install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Anti-Malware
    2. Then in the end of the installation it is mendatory to make sure that the option "update Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware" is checked
    3. After that run this program and let it update by itself
    4. Just go to the "Search" tab in this program and check "Run a quick" then "Search"
    5. Then at the end of the scan when it is completed click on "Show Results"
    6. You need to check all the items which are found and click on "Remove Selected"
    7. The report result is saved in the Report tab-Log Malwarebytes.
    8. At the end if you are prompted to restart then please accept it.

In order to remove Dr. Guard spyware virus then you need to block Dr. Guard sites, stop and remove all the processes related to it, then unregister DLL files, search and delete all the other Dr. Guard files and registry utility. The most typical software which is used to remove any application is by using "Add or Remove Programs" service, you can also use this to remove dr. guard. Try this method to remove it completely.

You can also use "Spyware Doctor" which has the advanced spyware removal technology which is designed especially for the people. It is available for free on the internet ans also it is a award winning tool. It has the advanced IntelliGuard technology by which it provides alerts to the users on a true Spyware detection. It provides protection against Spyware, Adware, Spyware Trojans, Keyloggers, Identity Theft, Hijackers, Tracking Threats, Rogue Anti-Spyware, Unwanted Software, Phishing, Popups and Bad Websites.

There are most of the site on the internet which provides online tools and online rmoval instructions to remove this rouge virus. If you cant then you can go on the internet and just do the google search and you will find that there are most of the website which has the information and tools by which you can remove it completely form your computer. In most of the time when i face such kind of virus infection in my pc i use this method to solve it.