Thread: Unable to remove Karina.dat file

Unable to remove Karina.dat file

I have computer which runs on the Windows Xp and with Avast antivirus. One day i scanned my computer with my antivirus and it deleted most of the files which were infected by the virus. There was a file name called "Karina.dat" file which was also deleted by my antivirus. Now when i search any file which i am not getting, i see that the same karina file reppared in my computer. I have seen and read that most of the people they have been having infection by this file. Please help me i want to remove it completely from computer.

Overview on Karina.dat file

This virus "karina.dat" is a malware file and associated with dynamic link library i.e dll. As in our system "dll" files they contain a set of executable functions which is used by the Windows applications. Malware associated dlls files contain malicious code which can be responsible for the damage of your computer. If you want then you can check that the karina.dat file can be present in the following locations:
    1. C:\WINDOWS\karina.dat
    2. C:\WINDOWS\system32\karina.dat
    3. C:\WINDOWS\system32\KARINA.dat

Re: Unable to remove Karina.dat file

I can say that it is a very dangerous file which should be removed as soon as possible form your computer, beacuse they can cause serious problem to our computer. It can disrupt the normal functioning of our computer with operating system or it can make our computer useless. It can also create a problem of leaking valuable private information like credit card numbers, passwords, PIN codes, etc. It can also redirect your all Web searches to the unwanted sites. It can also slow down your computer. It can also spread the infection of trojans and spyware.

If you want then you can download MacAfee antivirus on your computer which recently released an "extra.dat" addons which will halp you to detect and delete karina.dat file associated in your system. You can download it by going on the official site of the macafee antivirus. After downloading and installing it on my computer i ran a full system scan and after that i installed extra.dat with it and the karina.dat file was deleted from my system. You can try it in your computer and hope it will delete the file.

Here are some methods by which you can delete it from your computer. Please follow the steps mentioned below.

In order to delete karina.dat file you need to terminate the following associated process in the Task Manager.
    1. You need to do right-click in the Windows taskbar and then select Task Manager on the menu.
    2. After that in Tasks Manager, just click on the Processes tab.
    3. In the Processes tab you need to select "karina.dat" and then click End Process.
    4. After that by the use of your file explorer you need to browse to the file by searching it to the location of karina.dat and other associated Malware.
    5. You need to select the file and then press SHIFT+Delete buttons.
    6. Then click Yes to confirm deletion.

The virus infection related files should also be removed from the registry of your system.
    If you want to remove all the registry which is related to Karina.dat file the follow the steps mentioned below.

1. You need to go on the Windows Start menu and then click Run.
    2. After that in the Open windows type regedit and then press enter. The Registry Editor window will opens.
    3. Then on the Edit menu just select Find.
    4. Then in the Find dialog box, type FILENAME. The name of the registry file which is a reference to the karina.dat file is highlighted in the right pane.
    5. You need to right-click the registry value name and then select Delete option on the menu.
    6. After that click Yes in the Delete dialog box.
    7. If you want to delete all other references to karina.dat then repeat steps 4-6.