Thread: How to get rid of Win32.Sumom.a virus?

How to get rid of Win32.Sumom.a virus?

I think my computer system is infected with the Win32.Sumom.a virus. I get to know this when my antivirus software gave me an alert message that Win32.Sumom.a detected. I know that viruses are harmful to my computer system so I need to delete this virus from my computer system. I want the perfect method to remove this Win32.Sumom.a virus from the hard disk. I will be waiting for the related replies.

Re: How to get rid of Win32.Sumom.a virus?

These kinds of Win32.Sumom.a worm are normally designed to consume the memory space and processing power of the computer system. This consumption of memory space and the processing power results in the slow working of the computer system. If your current antivirus software is not able delete this Win32.Sumom.a worm from your computer then change your antivirus software.

Update your antivirus software

Before changing your antivirus software I will suggest you to update your antivirus software. Your antivirus software is able to detect this Win32.Sumom.a worm on your computer system means it will be able to delete this Win32.Sumom.a worm from your computer system. Try to delete this worm in safe mode. For going in safe mode press F8 at the time of restart.

Try to restore your system

For removing this Win32.Sumom.a worm from your computer system try to restore. System restore is not a perfect solution but can be used to neutralize the damage done by Win32.Sumom.a worm on your computer system. For restoring your computer system you have to follow these simple steps.
    1. Go to Start >> Programs >> Accessories >> System tools
    2. Select system restore
    3. After that a system restore window will be displayed.
    4. You have just select the date for system restore
    5. Reboot your personal computer.

For removing this Win32.Sumom.a worm from your computer system I will suggest you to use Kaspersky antivirus software. This antivirus software not only removes the Win32.Sumom.a worm from your computer system but also remove the other malicious codes from your computer system. You can download the trial version of this antivirus from its official site.

You are not able to delete this Win32.Sumom.a worm from your computer system because of the simple reason that it alters the registry key so that it can reload at the time of restart.
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\Run]
    If you have the registry key knowledge you can delete this Win32.Sumom.a worm manually.