Thread: How to remove Adware.Generic4.DGL

How to remove Adware.Generic4.DGL

Adware.Generic4.DGL has been detected in my system with the help of the Escan antivirus that I have installed in my system. I am using Windows Vista operating system and my browser is Internet Explorer 8. As the antivirus cannot delete this infection from my system, I am searching for some help on how to remove Adware.Generic4.DGL. Please help me with the possible solutions soon.

Re: How to remove Adware.Generic4.DGL

I will suggest you to format the computer to remove Adware.Generic4.DGL. Remember to install a fresh copy of Windows in your system, since repairing the old system will keep the infections in the computer itself. This is an assured method to get rid of the infections, since it removes all the data and installed applications along with the infections too. So, your problem will be hopefully solved.

It is possible to remove Adware.Generic4.DGL with the help of the manual deletion method. For this you will have to remove the following registry entries if they are found in the system:
    1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion \RunServicesOnce
    4. HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    5. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    6. HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software \Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ Explorer\Run
    7. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft \Windows\ CurrentVersion
    8. Explorer/ShellFolders Startup="C:\windows/start menu/programs\startup

The Spyware Doctor is the best method that can be used to remove Adware.Generic4.DGL because this infection, that has entered your system is a trojan horse and hence, cannot be easily deleted by the manual deletion or any normal antivirus. The Spyware Doctor is an anti-spyware and the anti-spywares have the ability to stay in the background of the system and check for all the malicious activities going on within the system.

I am using AVG antivirus in my system and it helps me to delete infections like trojans, virus and worms. I guess that you can use this same antivirus to remove Adware.Generic4.DGL because it has been recommended by the experts for the removal of trojans. So, install it and make sure that you update the same. After that, scan the entire system and delete all the infections that are detected.

The boot scan can help you to remove Adware.Generic4.DGL because this is a scan that takes place before the operating system starts. At this time, the infections cannot execute and because of this they do not remain active. So, the antivirus finds it easy to get rid of the infections. As all the antivirus do not have the feature of boot scanning, you will have to install Avast antivirus, that has the same.