Thread: How to fix Exploit.Html.Ieslice.P virus

How to fix Exploit.Html.Ieslice.P virus

My system is infected with the Exploit.Html.Ieslice.P virus since it gives me a pop up alerts every now and then that my system is infected and not secure so i would like to know how to go about this as soon as possible. Also provide me some details about this virus. I would really appreciate your help

Re: How to fix Exploit.Html.Ieslice.P virus

As far as i am aware of this virus it is a kind of downloader script and hence ypou will notice the effect of the malware which it will download. Also according to my knowledge the malware which is downloaded by this script is named as Trojan.Proxy.Ranky.GG. Try to configure your firewalls in order to remove this virus.
    Last edited by Big Fish; 06-03-2010 at 08:44 PM.

Most probably this virus is embedded in the Javascript so you cannot stop it after executing this script inside an HTNL page. This page will most probably display the error message "404 - Document not found message" . So be careful when visiting unknown websites and do not download any stuff from such websites.

The Virus which you have mentioned basically takes the advantage from Microsoft WebViewFolderIcon ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow Vulnerability i order to allow the download code which is stored in the JavaScript's unescaped sequence so that it gets executed and hence it downloads the malwares from the internet.

Thank you very much for providing me the information regarding this virus also you have not mentioned the suitable remedy for deleting this virus i would like to delete this virus so that my system becomes free from all sort of threats and i can enhance the system performance by eliminating the virus.

The eScan Anti-Virus 10 is a very powerful tool in deleting such antiviruses and also it will help you to delete the virus which you have mentioned in your query you simply need to download it from the link which i have mentioned and install it using the downloaded file and scan the system using the application.
    http://www.techarena.in/download/ant...anti-virus.htm