Thread: help to remove worm.win32.autorun.gxh.

help to remove worm.win32.autorun.gxh.

Need Help!!! I have installed windows Xp on my computer and my computer has been infected by the worm.win32.autorun.gxh. I do not know how this infection took place in my computer but as i am trying to delete this virus by using anti virus software then it is also not able to do the same. Now what could i do to remove worm.win32.autorun.gxh from my computer? Please i am eager to get help to remove worm.win32.autorun.gxh.How can my anti virus software can detect this virus and failed to remove it?

Symptoms shown by worm.win32.autorun.gxh.

Following are some symptoms that will be shown on your computer when it is infected by the worm.win32.autorun.gxh.
    1. Functions and files will be missing from the registry.
    2. Corrupted files would be recreated and updated even after removal.
    3. Annoying popup will be appearing on the screen.
    4. Desktop wallpapers will get changed to strange screen.
    5. Gathered system adjustments.
    6. CPU performance will be consumed by some unknown processes.
    Last edited by Spyrus; 06-03-2010 at 03:14 AM.

Re: help to remove worm.win32.autorun.gxh.

I think the virus on your computer have disabled the anti virus software that you are using on your computer or it might have got corrupted because of some reason. Trial or pirated version of the anti virus software also might work in this manner as you are saying. I suggest you to update the version of your anti virus software or simply use some other latest version of spyware.

The safest and easiest way to deal with the removal of viruses is to delete them by using safe mode of the windows operating system. You have to restart your computer and continuously press F8 key which will take you to the blue screen where you would be having Safe Mode option by selecting which windows will boot up in safe mode. In this mode any loss of data will not happen while deleting the virus.

I think you need a good copy of anti virus software which can total secure your computer system from the all kind of worms and viruses. Norton Anti Virus software would be the good one to use it as an security tool on your computer. This software has vast amount of viruses in its database including the latest one so that not even a single virus can harm your computer. Click on the name of Norton Anti Virus to download it.

If your computer does not have any software that can handle the security of your computer then you should always keep your firewall ON as it is the security feature provided by the windows operating system which scans for each and every bit of data that comes to your computer. It stops any malicious bits that can harm your computer. There are many viruses which disables the firewall as well in order to hide their identity on the computer system.