Thread: How to remove ACTS.Spaceflash

How to remove ACTS.Spaceflash

hi
    i just purchased new computer in my home. I have also activated windows xp operating system.I also used internet for the chatting but my system has been infected by ACTS.Spaceflash type virus so i don't have any idea about that type of malware so any one please tell me that what should i do for removing that type of virus from my system?

Re: How to remove ACTS.Spaceflash

Firstly tell you that ACTS.Spaceflash is not a virus. It is a worm which is totally different from virus,it is not work like virus because that type of malware which is self replicated to the computer system as well as mostly that type of malware used computer network system for the spreading like send copies of itself to the other type of networks. So ACTS.Spaceflash is a ActionScript-based worm that spreads through MySpace.com user accounts. Mostly ACTS.Spaceflash types of worms infected to the Microsoft windows operating system like windows vista, windows xp ,windows NT as well as other version of the windows operating system.

If you got any type of error message regards to ACTS.Spaceflash worm or your system infected by some worm then don't worry because if take immediate action on that type of malware them it can easily delete from the system. Firstly you need to check your anti virus definition after that as soon as possible update your anti virus software from the system then you can also scan the whole system and after that detect the file which are infected by ACTS.Spaceflash and finally delete it from the system. You also need to up to date your anti virus software as well as anti spyware regularly.

The worm is executed when a logged in MySpace.com user visits a compromised user's About Me page. When the user visits this page, the worm performs the following actions like firstly it redirect the user to the following URL which contains has an .swf file named retrievecookie.swf and the URL name is also change like [http://]editprofile.myspace.com/inde...tion=blog.view[REMOVED].after that it retrieves the MySpace.com blog entry URL: like [http://]editprofile.myspace.com/inde...r.HomeComments[REMOVED]. So when these type of process done then extracts a javaScript code snippet from the blog entry URL and executes it and after that delete the user about me page.so when you want to remove it from the system then installed new type of anti virus like nor tan,kaspersky as well as mcAfee.
    Last edited by Spyrus; 05-03-2010 at 06:14 AM.

ACTS.Spaceflash is a ActionScript-based worm that spreads through MySpace.com user accounts.so you can also use strong firewall which is situated between internet and normal computer so it can prevent the system from outside of malware which can come through user accounts as well as mail accounts. you can also use strong password policy for the difficult to the crack and due to it is easy to prevent the system from outsider malware. You can also update your virus definition as well as update the anti virus and anti spyware in system. Make sure that always keep your patch levels up-to-date, especially on computers that host public services and are accessible through the firewall, such as HTTP, FTP, mail, and DNS services.
    Last edited by Snake08; 05-03-2010 at 06:19 AM.