Thread: Help to remove Trojan.PWS.Tupai.A

Help to remove Trojan.PWS.Tupai.A

Help! I am using this computer from last 3 and half year and i have installed windows XP on it. This computer has been infected by the Trojan.PWS.Tupai.A. How this infection have taken place in my computer and how to remove it? Even my anti virus software have got corrupted.

About Trojan.PWS.Tupai.A

Basically Trojan.PWS.Tupai.A is trojan which is dropped in Internet Explorer folder with the name setupapi.dll. This trojan does not harm your computer but it has been made to steal passwords to ftps servers so that the attacker can get the access to the server. To get the informations, It searches for well known ftp programs which is being installed on client machine.

Re: Help to remove Trojan.PWS.Tupai.A

Safe Mode provided in the Windows Operating system is the best way to delete any viruses from the computer system as in this mode, The data presented on the hard drive becomes safe so that while deleting the virus it does not affect any other important data. You go to the safe mode by keep on pressing F8 key when your computer gets started. This will take you to the blue screen where you have to select for the Safe Mode by arrow keys.

If your computer have got infected by Trojan.PWS.Tupai.A then here is the list of programs which are vulnerable by the Trojan.PWS.Tupai.A.
    SecureFx, IpSwitch, FTPWare, Rhine Software, FileZilla, Total Commander, BulletProof Ftp, GlobalScape Ftp, CoffeCup Fp, Ftp Commander Pro, Smart Ftp, Leap Ftp, Far.

Do not worry, I have given you the link by which you can easily download the Symantec Endpoint Protection which is anti virus program to deal with the virus and worms on windows operating system. This software has free updates also. I suggest you to keep on updating this software in order to be safe from the latest malwares. Click on the name of Symantec Endpoint Protection to download it.

As Trojan.PWS.Tupai.A will be presented in the folder of Internet Explorer, You can get rid of this trojan by deleting the whole folder of internet explorer which will uninstall the browser from your system but this will also delete the trojan. But your computer does not get trojan free by just deleting this file as it have changed some registry values which you have to set to its original one. Then you may for for installing the new copy of Internet Explorer.