Thread: Need to remove Trojan.Dinky.A

Need to remove Trojan.Dinky.A

I am using an acer aspire laptop installed with windows 7. It appears as my system is infected with the Trojan.Dinky.A virus. I am using the Avast antivirus on my system which appears as it is not effective in removing this virus and hence i would like to know a way how to go about this virus. Please help me.

Re: Need to remove Trojan.Dinky.A

The Trojan.Dinky.A is an adware which has infected your system so i would like to know whether you are using a full version the avast antivirus or just a trial version. Since Avast antivirus is itself a verys good antivirus if it is not capable of deleting the Trojan.Dinky.A virus then i would recommend you to update the virus definition and then scan again.

The above mentioned virus is not very harmful to your system but it is avirus so i would recommend you to delete the registry key from the registry editor whic i have mentioned below: this will help you for sure.
    These registry keys under [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Winlogon\Notify\Run]:

Since it appears from your post that the Avast antivirus is not capable of removing the Trojan.Dinky.A. So it would be better if you try to use a different antivirus program on your system. I would advise you to download and install the Microsoft Security Essential on your system use the following link. http://www.techarena.in/download/ant...ials-vista.htm

Sounds you have not updated the virus definition of your Avast antivirus since it is a very power virus removal tool. So it is always advisable to update the virus definition before every scan. So simply open the Avast application by double clicking the icon and then click update this will take several minutes and then scan your system.

In this situation if your antivirus program has failed then i would recommend only a single antivirus program and that is the eScan antivirus 10.0 . The eScan antivirus 10.0 provides you total protection against all sort of threats which can harm your system as well as its performance. You can use the link to download it.