Thread: Remove Packed.Generic.290

Remove Packed.Generic.290

Can anyone help me out me removing packed.generic.290 virus from my system. My AVASt anti virus keeps detecting it and many times my system gets crashed because of it. I had also try to use some Malwarebytes but that also didn't helped me a lot and at the same time it would be great if someone can provide me detail information about packed.generic.290 virus.

Information about Packed.Generic.290

Packed.Generic.290 is a virus whose work is to compresses, encrypts or obfuscates executable files which cannot be detected by anti virus. At the same time it sends important data to the hacker without your knowledge and is is used to detect threats associated with Infostealer.Banker.C and Trojan.FakeAV.

How to Remove Packed.Generic.290

If you really want to remove Packed.Generic.290 virus from your system then first of all you need to disable your system restore and try to get the latest update of your virus definition and then reboot your system in safe mode. Then click on start go to run option and type %temp% and hit enter, from here delete all the files and also find out for Packed.Generic.290 files if any exist then delete them too.

If you want to remove Packed.Generic virus from your system then i would suggest you to remove Avast anti virus and install latest version of Symantec anti virus which is capable of removing such kind of virus and at the same time it will also protect your system from worms, trojan, spyware, adware etc.

My system also got infected with virus and i had tried out many solution but none of them worked our for me and finally i had to format my system and after that i had install latest version of Symantec anti virus and at the same time regularly update your virus definition so that next time your system would not be infected with Packed.Generic.290 viruses.

If you want to that your system should not get infected with such kind of virus then you need to regularly update your virus definition, along with that you need to disable autoplay option to prevent automatic launching of executable files on network and removable drives and at the same time disconnect all the driver when they are not in use.