Thread: System infecetd with Symb/Yxes-Gen

System infecetd with Symb/Yxes-Gen

Form many days my system was working very slow and at the same time i had also taken license version of NORTON anti virus during installation i got a message that my system is being infected with Symb/Yxes-Gen and it was able to remove it, but after some time again i get the same message. Can anyone tell me how to overcome from this issue and provide me some information about it?

Basically Symb/Yxes-Gen belongs to Symbian worms whose work is to install malicious SISX file and at the same time it will send sms and email to all your contacts without your authentication. This message contains of installation file which are then send to other person too. On installation, the worm usually provides English and Chinese language options.

Remove Symb/Yxes-Gen

If you want to remove Symb/Yxes-Gen from your system then you need to first delete all the following files and at the same time make sure that it's respective process are also being killed before you try to delete it.

• c:\sys\bin\EConServer.exe
    • c:\private\101f875a\import\[2001eb45].rsc
    • c:\data\root.sisx
    • c:\mr.log

I had try to delete the above mention files which you had told me but whenever i am trying to run anti virus it says that my system is still being infected with Symb/Yxes-Gen, is there any other alternative solution apart from formatting my system because when i asked my friend about it he told me install a fresh copy of Operating system.

There is no need to format your system it seems that your Norton is not worth full in removing Symb/Yxes-Gen, in that case i would suggest you to use Net Protector which is capable of removing such kind of Symbian worms from your mobile and system too along with that it also protect your system from Spywares, Malware, Worm.