Thread: Remove Trojan.Agent/Gen-Incognito

Remove Trojan.Agent/Gen-Incognito

Today when i started my system it was working fine until i had downloaded some attachment from email, after that when i reboot my system and from there onwards my system it taking to much of time when i try to scan my system AVAST gave me a message that my system is being infected with Trojan.Agent/Gen-Incognito but was not able to remove it. For more information i am using Windows XP SP 3 as my operating system.

How to remove Trojan.Agent/Gen-Incognito

If your system is being infected with Trojan Horse then it is recommend to download and install latest Version of AVG anti virus and let it scan all you drives and remove all Trojan from your system after that, if your system does contain Trojan then you have to format your system and install fresh copy of Windows XP

Thank you for quick reply i had try to download avg anti virus and it was able to remove Trojan from my system up to some extend only and i don't want to format my system because i am having lots of important data in it and it's very large in size. Please suggest me some alternative solution where i can complete overcome from Trojan issue

If you really want to remove Trojan.Agent/Gen-Incognito, then you need to reboot your system and login into safe mode after that click on start got run option and type regedit, registry window would get open and from there find and delete the following registry
    • HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Google5
    • HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft
    • HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Google5

After that search your computer for autorun.inf and delete all the files and have a check i am sure this will remove Trojan from your system.

I don't think so deleting some files from registry will remove Trojan Horse from your system then i think you should install SUPERAntiSpyware which is capable of removing Trojan.Agent/Gen-Incognito from your system without formatting you drives and at the same time it will also protect you from back doors, rootkit worms etc.
    Download SUPERAntiSpyware