Thread: How to configure a modem in MAC

How to configure a modem in MAC

I am not able to connect or configure a modem to Mac PC. I have a PC running on Mac OS x. I had arranged a modem for the same. But when I connect the same is not showing up anywhere. Might be there some mistakes due to connection. What is the detailed procedure for the same. And second thing I have a PC at my office which is crashed . How can recover my mails from that.

Re: How to configure a modem in MAC

Once you have brought a cable modem for your home or for the office you will necessitate to configure or arrange your Macintosh System Network settings. By configuring or arranging your systems settings you are presenting the system with the suitable information in sequence which is necessary to attach wirelessly to your cable modem's correlation. On the other hand, you can also attach your cable modem to the AirPort Express router which is of an Apple, which simplifies the set-up procedure.

To connect Wireless first Click the "Apple" icon and select "System Preferences" from the drop-down menu. Then Click the "Network" icon under the "Internet & Wireless" section. Then Click "Built-in Ethernet" and click the "TCP/IP" tab. Click the drop-down menu next to "Configure IPv4" and select "Using DHCP" or "Manually." For manual setup, enter your IPv4 address, subnet mask and router information followed by clicking "OK."Click the "Apply" button to save the settings and return to the main Network window.

Here are the steps to attach the Using AirPort Express. Endorse the cable modem's control adapter into an electrical channel, and endorse the Ethernet cable into your cable modem's Ethernet port and AirPort Express Ethernet port. Hit "Go" at the topmost of your monitor screen and hit the option "Utilities" from the drop-down menu. And then hit the "AirPort Utility" to run the submission. Hit the "AirPort Express" from the exposed devices record and select "Continue." Then you have to type in a name for your network, and generate a password. At last select "Finish" finishing or ending the installation and begin using your cable modem.

To get those mails you necessitate to attach your old hdd to any new running computer. Then immediately go in the c drive and look for outlook folder in the shared folder. Copy those files on a usb and then you can simply shift them to any of the computer by pasting them on the similar folder from where you have taken out.