Thread: Trojan.Win32.Boaxxe.F is detected while browsing internet

Trojan.Win32.Boaxxe.F is detected while browsing internet

I am using a Dell desktop that has Windows Vista operating system installed and also has Symantec Endpoint Protection anti-virus installed. The problem is with the Trojan.Win32.Boaxxe.F which is detected while browsing internet. If I scan my computer there is no detection for any malicious program. But when I am browsing the internet I get a pop-up for the Trojan.Win32.Boaxxe.F detection. Also many times I have noticed some unknown tabs opening in my internet explorer browser. How can I fix this Trojan issue?

Re: Trojan.Win32.Boaxxe.F is detected while browsing internet

The Trojan.Win32.Boaxxe.F is also detected as TrojanDownloader: Win32/Tracur.M, both being the same. These are trojans that tend to steal host machine's information on behalf of a remote attacker. The Trojan.Win32.Boaxxe.F is programmed to redirect the user to some malicious websites as well as pop-up downloads of arbitrary files which contain malicious contents. The Trojan.Win32.Boaxxe.F is known to attack the Internet Explorer Browser. So try using some other browser instead of Internet Explorer.

Log into SafeMode and scan your computer. It can be that the antivirus is not able to detect the Trojan.Win32.Boaxxe.F in normal mode so you an use the Safe mode to detect the trojan. I had the same issue with a virus in my computer. To boot into safe mode re-boot your machine and press the F8 key. Using the arrow keys highlight on the Safe Mode option and press enter.

Restore system settings

If scanning your computer does not deletes the Trojan then I would prefer you to use the System Restore program of Windows. Using this program you can very easily restore system settings. This program tracks down a number of points termed as safe point which can be used to re-construct the system's settings in case of the virus or trojan infection. Try using this program to restore system settings.

The reason you are getting the alert for the Trojan.Win32.Boaxxe.F can be because a rogue anti-virus is trying to make its way to your computer. There are a number of Rogue anti-virus which are invading the internet and displaying false alert notification in order to load themselves on user machine. To verify the presence of the Trojan.Win32.Boaxxe.F you need to look out for the registry subkeys which is as:
    HKCR\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{69AE3232-53EF-44B0-B1E1-0821A0EE4998}
    HKCR\CLSID\{69AE3232-53EF-44B0-B1E1-0821A0EE4998}\InprocServer32\
    Also try not using Internet Explorer as it is vulnerable to many virus and trojan attacks.