Thread: How to remove Adware.Whenu.BSQ

How to remove Adware.Whenu.BSQ

My acer aspire laptop was running smoothly until last night when it got infected with a Adware.Whenu.BSQ virus when i installed a tiny little application. I tried it removing with the help of my antivirus but it did not help me at all. Anyone faced the similar issue in the past can help me to remove Adware.Whenu.BSQ. If possible try to give me some information regarding this virus so that i can avoid it in future.

Re: How to remove Adware.Whenu.BSQ

The basic symptoms of this virus is sudden appearance of popups from the firefox browser which displays ads according to the your personal interests. You can try to avoid this in future by installing a good antivirus which will take care about this also try to avoid installing add-ons from unknown source.

I think that this new virus get installed as a mozilla firefox browser extensions. It is capable of monitoring and spying of all the contents of the webpages that the user views with the help of the firefox browser. It also records all the queries searched by the user so that it will send you different different ads relating to your search.

thanks you very much for the information which you provided about the virus. I think the installation of the add-on had infected my system with this threat and as you mentioned it gives me regular popups regarding my web search also which disturbs me while i am busy doing my works. please suggest me a suitanle antivirus program so that i can get rid of this threat.

I think that you can get rid of this threat using the BitDefender Total Security 2010 which i a very powerful antivirus tool and will help you in removeing this threat and hence i have provided you with the download link use this link to download the software. Bitdefender Total Security 2010
    Last edited by Spyrus; 02-03-2010 at 07:16 PM.

Have you tried the Microsoft Security essential in order to get rid of this virus i think you have'nt. So i would request you to download the Microsoft Security essential on your system and install it and then you can use this on your system to remove this adware remember to upgrade the system before scanning.