Thread: Does Transmit is a Good FTP client

Does Transmit is a Good FTP client

Hi,
    Does Transmit is a good solution for using a FTP server on a MAC PC. I want to setup a ftp server on my MAC PC to get access to the shared files on a small network. Basically the other thing which I am planing for is the using the same server settings online. But the issue is that I am not so good in this. What does you recommend for the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Does Transmit is a Good FTP client

You must have an FTP program for that. There are many, but my preference is Transmit, because this software has many advantages and is also considered one of the best FTP clients. Also, remember that you can connect through an FTP program on numerous FTP servers, such as FTP servers of large companies, to download, for example software or drivers.

I will advice you just get a 15day trial of Tranmist for testing this too. It is quiet easy to create your dedicated server on this. Transmit may converse with the vast majority of FTP servers, but also UTP, FTP TSL / SSL, or Secure WebDAV WebDAV. He can also converse with the iDisk. You can access this directly from your dash board and quiet easy to configure also.

There are several protocols in the Internet. A protocol is a set of rules for establishing and maintaining a dialogue between two machines via the Internet. The most common that you use daily, is the protocol HTTP (HyperText Transfer Protocol). This transmission protocol for web pages. That's why you still have that famous http to all the addresses of web sites and pages.

You can use FTP if you have a server of pages in your personal Internet Service Provider and you want to use this private server to house your website, or use as disk space to deposit images, photos, avatars that you want use in discussion forums. Or if you have created your domain name and have a professional disk space to host your website and / or create sub-domains file sharing etc and wants transferring of files in a optimized way.

Here is the way to get an to access your private server. First of all you need a live FTP server. Then under the personal pages you can usually get a disk space of 100MB which you can configure afterward. Once you have your disk space, so you have an FTP address which you will access the server via FTP. Apart from this FTP address, you also have a login and a personal password to yourself in good volume on your disk space.