Thread: Infected by autorun.ix

Infected by autorun.ix

I have my computer which is built with the operating system Windows XP and i am using Macafee antivirus on my computer. My computer is infected by a virus which is called "AutoRun.ix" and it is unremovable by macafee. I have searched for this kind of infection on the google but nothing was found out. All the result was related to the autorun.inf, i tried to remove it with my antivirus but nothing was done. Please help me to remove this virus and also some kind of information on this virus.

Information on autorun.ix

It is a kind of worm which is spread from the internet and also with the use of infected usb drives. It is a program which is able to spread independently and whch act harmful for the system on some cases. It is spread by the techniques which range from manual activation by the user which is done by clicking on an email attachments, and with the automatic spreading by the security leak from the operating system of your computer. If you want then you need some best tool to remove it.

Re: Infected by autorun.ix

To remove this kind of virus you need an antivirus tool, which will not only able to clean the infections, but also it will help you to protect your PC permanently from the virus infections. By this way you can prevent the data loss and costs of new installations for your operating system. To delete this virus infection in your computer, please download and install "a-squared Anti-Malware" from the internet. After that run a full scan on all drives of your computer and move all detected items to the quarantine.

To remove this threat manually just follow the steps which is mentioned below:

You need to Click on the "Start" button
    Then go to the "Run" option
    In that type CMD which will open DOS command console
    In that you need to type your local drives path letter for example, Type: C: and then press Enter button.

After that type

"ATTRIB -H -S -R Autorun.inf" and hit enter.

You will that the autorun file appears in your local drive, then do a right click and delete it.

After the whole procedure is done then restart your computer.

You need to download "Smart Remover" from the internet which is easily available. After downloading it restart your computer in safe mode and install smart remover on youe computer and run it. To run it do a right click on the smat remover icon on the status bar and then click on lauch smart remover. You need to click on the restore windows setting and try to enable all, then close smart remover, go to the folder options and enable the option "view hidden files and folders" aftet that you will be able to see the autorun.ix file, then delete the file.

There is a simple way you need to update your antivirus in your system and also if you want then you can go on the internet there you will find most of the online sites which offers you to scan your system to remove the infections from your computer. Whenever you find such kind of problem it is important to check wheather your antivirus needs an updates. by updating you can remove all the new virus infections which infect your computer. You can use avast antivirus which is a great tool which helps you computer from autorun viruses.

how ca i remove trojan agent ATV

Incase your installed anti-virus is detecting the Trojan Agent ATV then simply select the delete option. If this does not works then simply boot your computer to safe mode. Use the F8 key to boot your computer to safe mode by re-starting it. Also Windows has an inbuilt utility as the Windows System Restore. This utility can be used to construct the safe settings of your computer by restoring a secure settings from the past. As this utility keeps track of Safe points, thus these safe points are used to restore the system settings.