Thread: Need to delete this VBS.Decibel virus

Need to delete this VBS.Decibel virus

I think my computer system is infected with this VBS.Decibel virus. I am trying to delete this VBS.Decibel virus from my computer system but I am unable to do so. I get to know about this virus when my antivirus software gave me an alert message that VBS.Decibel is detected on my computer system. I need to know how to delete this VBS.Decibel virus from my computer system.

Re: Need to delete this VBS.Decibel virus

VBS.Decibel which is detected on your computer system is not virus but it is a worm. Normally viruses are designed to corrupt the windows system files but worm are designed to consume the memory space of the computer. If your current antivirus is not able to delete this VBS.Decibel worm from your computer then change your antivirus software.

VBS.Decbel worm spreads through infected email attachments. Normally this VBS.Decbel worm steals the email address from the address book of the Microsoft outlook and then sends infected emails to all email present in the address book. If your current antivirus software is not able to delete it then you should change your antivirus software.

Before changing your antivirus software I will suggest you to update your antivirus software. Your antivirus software is able to detect this VBS.Decbel worm on your computer system means it will be able to delete this VBS.Decbel worm from your computer system. Try to delete this worm in safe mode. For going in safe mode press F8 at the time of restart.

For removing this VBS.Decbel worm from your computer system I will suggest you to use Kaspersky antivirus software. This antivirus software not only removes the VBS.Decbel worm from your computer system but also remove the other malicious codes from your computer system. I am using this antivirus software and I am free from these kinds of problem.

Updating your antivirus software or updating the security patch will definitely remove this VBS.Decbel worm from your computer system. But you must follow some of the preventive measures to avoid problems like these.
    1. Do not download pirated software, because they may contain the backdoor.
    2. Update your antivirus software regularly
    3. Scan your system on the regular basis
    4. Enable your firewall setting and use strong passwords for preventing your system