Thread: Unable to Remove Generic.dx!nrh

Unable to Remove Generic.dx!nrh

Hello, I am having Windows xp installed in my computer. Few days ago I have got infection of the virus while working on internet. Then I scan my computer for the virus removal with the help of Norton Internet Security 2010. But, it is not possible for the Norton to remove the Generic.dx!nrh virus from my computer. I am not getting any solution to remove this virus from my computer. So, if you are having any other solution from which I can able to get the solution to remove this file then please help me.

Re: Unable to Remove Generic.dx!nrh

Hello, you must need to update your Norton Internet Security 2010 and then you will able to get the solution for your problem. As it is necessary to have the updated database for removing the virus file from your computer, but if you are not having it, then it will simply detect the virus infected file, but not delete it from your computer. So, you need to first update your antivirus file and then you will able to get the solution for your problem.

I think you must need to make use of the Avast Home Edition for removing the virus from your computer. As it will simply remove the all of the virus files from your computer. It is having following features:
    • Antivirus and anti-spyware engine
    • New avast! Intelligent Scanner
    • New Silent/Gaming Mode
    • New Behavior Shield
    • Real time anti-rootkit protection
    • Smart virus updates
    • Behavioral Honeypots
    • Green computing
    • avast! iTrack
    • File System / Mail Shield
    • Web Shield
    • IM / P2P Shield
    • Network Shield

Hello, If you are having the infection of the Generic.dx!nrh virus file then you must need to make use of the below files and remove it from your computer by deleting it.
    • Temp\iexplore.exe
    • Temp\service.exe

After deleting above files from your computer you will able to get the solution for your problem. So, just do it.

Hello, If you change your antivius then you will able to get the solution for your problem. You can make use of any of the antivirus below:
    • Avast! Home Edition
    • AVG Anti-Virus
    • BitDefender
    • Kaspersky Anti-Virus
    • McAfee VirusScan
    • Quick Heal AntiVirus

Hello, If you are not able to remove the virus infected file from your computer then it is possible that your computer is using that file and that is why you are not able to get to remove the virus infected file. And if you want to remove the virus infected file then you need to stop the running processes from that files. For stopping the running processes you can make use of the Task manager and get your problem solved. So, just use the combination of the ALT+CTRL+DELETE from the keyboard and the by clicking on the end task by selecting the process you will able to get the solution for your virus.