Thread: Fixing Worm.Generic.88465 virus

Fixing Worm.Generic.88465 virus

I have windows 7 installed with my HP laptop and was running absolutely fine but for some reasons and from some days my system had started to give me pop-up messages regarding Worm.Generic.88465. I am not sure how to remove this Worm.Generic.88465 virus please help me . I would really appreciate your help

Re: Fixing Worm.Generic.88465 virus

As far as i know this is a very bad virus and it does a critical damages to the system files so it is always advisable to remove such viruses using a very good antivirus program if you don't have the program then simply try the malwarebytes antimalware utility. You can download the malwarebytes from the following link malwarebytes antimalware

Hello !!! i had this threat too on my system and i would like to tell you that after trying a lot i finally tried the malwarebytes and it seemed that it worked it detected and healed the threat but although the removal was successful i finally got this virus again on my system can you help me regarding this matter.

This is quiet a strong virus because the Worm.Generic.88465 virus always create a new entry in the registry files at "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" and also it changes the value to %temp%\herss.exe this value helps the malware to run each time the system is started. Try to change the value of the registry key.

The microsoft security essential will surely help you to remove this virus since this program is designed by microsoft it will remove the files quiet easily. This virus create a fake dll file and it monitors all the user activity and it also tries to corrupt data it also corrupts most of the game files on your system. Hope this helps

As far as i know i think that the Norton Security is the best security antivirus for removing such threats. Also i would like to tell you that most of the antivirus will prove useless whenever you try to delete this virus but the norton security antivirus will definitely help you to delete the Worm.Generic.88465 virus