Thread: Print Sharing between Mac and PC

Print Sharing between Mac and PC

Hello,

I made this quickly, Renart, young switcher on MacBook Pro 13". I have a PC with Windows XP . This PC is networked with my Snow Leopard with file sharing.

PC hard disk is formatted NTFS, I go easily to any disk drive and PC to easily access shared files from Mac. But the problem is the printer ... I see, I can select from manager integrated with the OS but when choosing the software,
    Epson DX5000 I take the list and then at the time of printing, the printer
    seems to receive nothing ,my mac does not seem to send anything in fact.

Error:/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/Filter/rastertoescpll.app/Contents/MacOS/rastertoescpll failed

Thank you in advance for your help

Download Epson Printer Drivers v2.2 for Mac OS X v10.6.1

Download Epson Printer Drivers v2.2 for Mac OS X v10.6.1

This download includes the latest Epson printing and scanning software for Snow Leopard. Requires Mac OS X v10.6.1 or later.

Supported printers list: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3669#epson

Re: Print Sharing between Mac and PC

Otherwise, once all the updated drivers, try removing and re-install the printer on the Mac (making sure that the printer is turned on so that mac finds it). Add printer and install drivers for it. This should work because i have done the printer sharing between mac tiger and xp but haven't tried my self on leopard os, but it should work.

You must connect your printer to your PC and share it from there. Then, on your Mac, go to Safari or Internet Explorer and type http://127.0.0.1:631 or http://localhost:631. This will give you access to the application Cups, I think it's much more useful than the printer utility to configure a Windows shared printer, especially in Jaguar (Panther makes it a little better, but it is still improvement). In this application, select Add Printer and follow the explanations. Choose a Samba Windows when prompted.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Go to: Apple -> System Preferences -> Print & Fax -> Print and reselect your printer in the Default printer: box near the bottom of the panel. Then next in the same Print & Fax preference panel, select Open Print Queue: and Delete all the Jobs in the Status box and try printing something again.