Thread: How to remove Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeCodec from my system

How to remove Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeCodec from my system

Hello,

I am using Windows XP as my operating system and everything was working fine till yesterday but today when i started my system i found that it was taking lots of time for my system to get started. So i ran AVAST anti virus and found that my system is being infected with Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeCodec when i try to delete it through my antivirus i was able to delete it but after sometime i am facing the same issue. Any ideas ?

Remove Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeCodec

I was also facing similar type of issue where my system used to take lots of time during start up when i asked my friend about it he told me to click on start go to run option and type msconfig, then a new window would get open over there go to start up Tab and unchecked all unwanted process and finally click on restart and after that my problem got solved, hope it works for you too.

How to remove Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeCodec

Thanks for replying me i had try to do the remove all the unwante process from my startup but then too i am facing same issue, and i am sure i am facing this issue because my system is being infeceted with Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeCodec. Can anyone tell me how to remove it from my system

Trojan.Agent/Gen-AlerterALG is a trojan horse that seem as a valid system file but it?s actually a harmful utility, most likely dropped and activated by other malicious program code without your knowledge or consent. Trojan.Agent/Gen-AlerterALG may attach itself to system processes and run in memory making it exceptionally difficult to eradicate. Trojan.Agent/Gen-AlerterALG hazardous behavior may produce critical damage to your security and privacy.

My friend's laptop also got infected with Trojan.Agent/Gen-AlerterALG and he try out many solution but none of them worked out for him and at last i told him to totally format your system but before doing this i would suggest you to download and install latest version of AVG antivirus which is capable of removing such kind of Trojan from your system.