Thread: Need help for removing this Win32.Opanki.d.

Need help for removing this Win32.Opanki.d.

My computer system is behaving in abrupt manner means it is working very slowly. When I scanned my computer system with the AVG scan antivirus I received the alert message that Win32.Opanki.d is detected on my computer system. I am trying to delete this Win32.Opanki.d virus from my computer system but it comes back again and again whenever I reboot my computer system. So need help for removing this Win32.Opanki.d virus from my computer system.

Re: Need help for removing this Win32.Opanki.d.

Win32.Opanki.d which is detected by your antivirus software is not a virus but it is a worm. Viruses are designed to corrupt the windows system files which results in the crash of the window system. But worms are designed to consume the memory space and the processing power of the computer which results in the slow processing of the computer system. If your current antivirus software is not able to delete this Win32.Opanki.d worm from your computer system then change your antivirus software.

Update your antivirus software.

Before changing your antivirus software I will suggest you to update your current antivirus software because your antivirus software is detecting Win32.Opanki.d worm on your computer system. According to me your antivirus software will be able to delete this Win32.Opanki.d. worm from your computer system after updating. It will be better if you delete this worm in safe mode for going in safe mode you have to press F8 at the time of reboot.

According to me you must go for the system restore. System restore is not a perfect solution but it can be used to minimize the damage caused by in32.Opanki.d. worm. For doing system restore you have to follow these simple steps.
    1. Go to Start >> Programs >> Accessories >> System tools
    2. Select system restore
    3. After that a system restore window will be displayed.
    4. You have just select the date for system restore
    5. Reboot your personal computer.

You are not able to delete this Win32.Opanki.d. worm from your computer system because of the simple reason that this worm alters the registry key so that it can launch at the time of restart.
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    WinNite="C:\WINDOWS\NITEAIM.EXE"

If you have the registry key knowledge you can delete this Win32.Opanki.d. worm manually from your computer system.

Updating your antivirus software or updating the security patch will definitely remove this Win32.Opanki.d. worm from your computer system. But you must follow some of the preventive measures to avoid problems like these.
    1. Do not download pirated software, because they may contain the backdoor.
    2. Update your antivirus software regularly
    3. Scan your system on the regular basis
    4. Enable your firewall setting and use strong passwords for preventing your system