Thread: iDisk error 36 while uploading files

iDisk error 36 while uploading files

Hi,

I have a Mac system with Mac os x 10.5.5. I have avg antivirus and its firewall, but whether or not I have them enabled doesn't make a difference. After a security update, I am cannot use iDisk. I can connect to the it but cannot upload files. I am getting error -36, So can you tell me why I am getting iDisk error 36 while uploading files ???

Re: iDisk error 36 while uploading files

The error with the code "-36" on Mac OS X displays that can be received and sent for some reason, no data or operating system. If this message appears when using the iDisk could be a problem with the data transmission over the Internet to MobileMe's servers or a problem with the network configuration. If you have a second ISP, try make a connection through this provider to isolate the problem (if the problem occurs with both providers, the problem is probably not the cause) at the ISP.

Temporarily disable a possible existing firewall or proxy settings. Contact your network administrator or ISP to determine whether the proxy server supports WebDAV connections, if you use a proxy server. I think, your proxy server does not support WebDAV connections, your network administrator or Internet service provider can help you configure the system settings for the network so that the proxy server is bypassed for a connection to the domain me.com. Most of proxy servers are compatible with WebDAV.

There is a problem with the network routing, eg an overlap of several private networks (for example) by using a router or switch connected to an AirPort base station. Simplify your network so that there is only one Internet router or AirPort base station between your computer and the Internet. Do not build "daisy chain" of several routers and base stations on (your broadband modem does not count). If the simplification fails, you can also use a direct cable connection. The safest course is a direct connection between the computer and broadband modem without a router or base station in the signal path.

A warning "-36" is displayed in iDisk and Internet programs such as Safari, Mail, iChat, and iTunes can not connect to the Internet. Check the settings under "Network Settings" in the "System Preferences. Make sure that your computer has a valid IP address. If this is not the case, check to see if the (if used correctly) Ethernet cable is connected or a network adapter for the wireless network is active (or that AirPort is not turned on your computer). They tentatively start your AirPort base station or your network router. You may need for further assistance with your network administrator. If you do not have a network administrator, you should contact your your ISP to make sure that your settings are correct.

When you work with multiple Macs, check to see if you can access from any computer problems on the iDisk. If not, the problem is probably with your internet provider or the configuration of your network hardware. If the problem does not occur on the other computers, it can probably be resolved directly in Mac OS X on the affected computer. Clear all experimental firewalls, proxy servers and any network filtering software you use.