Thread: Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.wyi keeps entering my system

Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.wyi keeps entering my system

I am using Windows Vista operating system and my browser is Opera 10. The infection called Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.wyi keeps entering my system, whenever I am surfing the internet. I cannot understand how it enters into the system, but the McAfee antivirus that I have installed in my system alerts me about this particular infection in my system every now and then. Please help me with suitable replies.

Re: Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.wyi keeps entering my system

If Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.wyi keeps entering my system, then I suggest you to enable a firewall in the system, since it will reject the infections before they enter into the system. You will have to follow the steps that are given below for this purpose:
    • Click on Start
    • Then, go to Control Panel.
    • Now, select Security.
    • After that click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
    • Here, select On.
    • Lastly, click OK.

I do not think that McAfee is a recommended antivirus. This may be the reason why the infections like Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.wyi keeps entering my system. So, I suggest you to install Quick Heal antivirus in your computer, as it provides the feature of boot scanning. This is the best method that can help to get rid of the infections and hence, installing this antivirus will help you to solve the problem.

You can use the manual deletion for the infection if Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.wyi keeps entering my system. Here are the files to be deleted:
    1. %System%\sdra64.exe
    2. %Temp%\090430-2-5.exe
    3. %Temp%\090614-2-0.exe
    4. %Temp%\2.exe
    5. %Temp%\assist.exe
    6. %Temp%\filetransfer.exe
    7. %Temp%\services.exe

Their processes are first to be killed and then, they have to removed from their main locations on the system.

I think that Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.wyi keeps entering my system, since you may be downloading the pirated softwares from the internet. The attackers know that many users search for such pirated softwares on the web and hence, they embed the softwares along with the infections. So, when the user will be downloading the pirated softwares, they will be actually downloading the infections into the system.

I suggest you to keep the antivirus always up-to-date if Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.wyi keeps entering my system. This is because it does not matter how much good antivirus you are using, if you do not update it. When you update the database of the antivirus, then new signatures will be added to it and if an infection enters into the system, even if it is a new one, the antivirus will detect the same. So, this will also help you to delete it from the system.