Thread: How to delete the virus Adware.ShopAtHome/SelectRebates

How to delete the virus Adware.ShopAtHome/SelectRebates

Hello, Everyone. Today, when I was chatting with my school friend on the internet suddenly a pop can be displayed by the Anti-Virus that your computer has been infected by the Adware.ShopAtHome/SelectRebates virus. That time, I can get scared by thinking that Now computer will be crashed and I can lost my all of the data. So, I want to remove that Adware.ShopAtHome/SelectRebates virus from my computer immediately before the virus can infect my whole system. Thus, Can anyone help me to remove this Adware.ShopAtHome/SelectRebates virus from the computer.

Andrew22 Guest

Re: How to delete the virus Adware.ShopAtHome/SelectRebates

First, go to run/type msconfig/ then startup/ then uncheck anything that looks strange "if you are not sure what you are unchecking the google it just to be sure as some of them are necessary for xp to work.

Then after this you will need to do a restart, after restart a box will pop up make sure you check the little box in the right hand bottom corner as this will stop it keep on asking for a reboot.

This will hopefully stop it reloading all the time.

Then turn off system restore by going to start/right click on my computer/properties/system restore and turn off system restore.

Then do a restart as you are going to do a scan in safe mode, you can do this by rebooting and before the boot screen comes up keep pressing F8 repeatedly until you get a black screen with instructions on.
    Choose safe mode and the computer will start to load in safe mode. When the process has happened which is about 30secs your desktop will look larger than normal, just open your antivirus program do a scan and see if that sorts it out.
    Reboot and don't forget to turn on system restore again.

Adware.ShopAtHome/SelectRebates

Hi, How's your day! I think your Anti-Virus could needed to be updated immediately. If you can not update your Anti-Virus regularly then your Anti-Virus can not be able to delete the virus Adware.ShopAtHome/SelectRebates even if your Anti-Virus can detected the virus. So, before scanning your whole machine update your Anti-Virus database. Then you can noticed that your Anti-Virus can deleted the virus Adware.ShopAtHome/SelectRebates from your machine.

I guess you can know about how to boot the computer in the Safe Mode. if you can not know how to do then first of all restart your computer. And when you press the restart button immediately just after that press the function key F8 on the keyboard repeatedly. Then you can noticed that there can be a option of the Safe Mode can be displayed and select it. After booting into the Safe Mode try to delete the virus Adware.ShopAtHome/SelectRebates virus from your machine.

I think you have to need to use the other Anti-Virus that can be capable of removing the virus Adware.ShopAtHome/SelectRebates. So, first un-install the Anti-Virus whichever you can have. After that install the one of the Anti-Virus from the following list of the Ant-Viruses :
    1. Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
    2. Norton 2010
    3. McAfee 2010
    4. AVG 2010
    5. Avast 2010

Whenever the Adware.ShopAtHome/SelectRebates can be executed the file that could be corrupted by the Adware.ShopAtHome/SelectRebates, and performs the following and can loads that on your computer directory :
    1. The Adware.ShopAtHome/SelectRebates can creates the following folder:
    %Windir%\FLEOK\
    2. The Adware.ShopAtHome/SelectRebates can loads by self into one of the following locations :
    C:\Program Files\180search Assistant\hsr.dll
    C:\Program Files\180search Assistant\sau.exe
    C:\Program Files\180search Assistant\sain.exe
    C:\Program Files\180search Assistant\sau.dll
    C:\Program Files\180search Assistant\sau.log
    C:\Program Files\180search Assistant\sauau.dat
    C:\Program Files\180search Assistant\sau_[3 RANDOM LETTERS].dat
    C:\Program Files\180searchassistant\salm.exe
    C:\Program Files\180search Assistant\sac.exe
    C:\Program Files\180searchassistant\salm.dat
    C:\Program Files\180searchassistant\salmau_update.dat
    C:\Program Files\180searchassistant\salm_[3 RANDOM LETTERS].dat
    C:\Program Files\180searchassistant\sac_[3 RANDOM LETTERS]_update.dat
    C:\Program Files\180searchassistant\salm_3 RANDOM LETTERS]_update.dat

Norton can't even detect the virus! i got it self..

I got my in C:\Windows\System32\wpclsp.dll

And if i dunno preciously where the virus is? (Steam says somethins wrong with wpclsp.dll but i got no access to that file cause it's a windows file...) And if it isn't that file what then?..

Quote Originally Posted by Namcom View Post
    Norton can't even detect the virus! i got it self..

I got my in C:\Windows\System32\wpclsp.dll

And if i dunno preciously where the virus is? (Steam says somethins wrong with wpclsp.dll but i got no access to that file cause it's a windows file...) And if it isn't that file what then?..
    What kind of virus are you getting if norton is not able to detect it? Try running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware by downloading it from here and scan your pc once again to find any virus if it is present in your computer. Refer to this topic to run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in your pc - How to Master MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew22 View Post
    First, go to run/type msconfig/ then startup/ then uncheck anything that looks strange "if you are not sure what you are unchecking the google it just to be sure as some of them are necessary for xp to work.

Then after this you will need to do a restart, after restart a box will pop up make sure you check the little box in the right hand bottom corner as this will stop it keep on asking for a reboot.
    First, it's important to note that this is not a virus. This is a toolbar that most likely you or a person who uses your computer purposefully downloaded (often with coupon software). Then when/if you disable the toolbar, it often pops up to get you to enable the toolbar or to otherwise get you to go back to their site. So it's probably not going to come up as a virus because it probably isn't a virus.

Let's go back to what Andrew22 said above. I tried that. On Windows 7, I clicked the Start button and typed in "System Configuration" to open up the Sys Config manager. Then I clicked the "Startup" tab at the top of the manager. Then I scrolled down to "SelectRebates" and unchecked it and clicked "Apply". Essentially that means that the program won't run on Startup anymore.

Then it asks you to reboot your system. That's what I'm currently trying. Thanks Andrew22!

Quote Originally Posted by zachary View Post
    What kind of virus are you getting if norton is not able to detect it? Try running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware by downloading it from here and scan your pc once again to find any virus if it is present in your computer. Refer to this topic to run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in your pc - How to Master MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware

Tried that to and spybot..