Thread: How to protect system from ALS.Bursted.A virus

How to protect system from ALS.Bursted.A virus

hi friend
    i am designer. I always work on my personal computer.I have install windows xp operating system.Actually i used auto cad language for that designing part. I want to know that some virus which related to auto cad. I just heart about ALS.Bursted.A virus,so any one tell me about that type of virus as well as how do i protect my system from ALS.Bursted.A virus.

Re: How to protect system from ALS.Bursted.A virus

Basically virus is a malware that is computer program which copy the itself and after that infect to the computer. ALS.Bursted.A is a simple virus that is written in the AutoLisp scripting language used by AutoCAD. It is such a low type of virus as well as its infected effects also at low level. The virus first locates and reads the file base.dcl in the AutoCAD search path. It uses this file to locate the acad.lsp file in the AutoCAD Support directory. We can also called it such a different name like ACAD/Bursted and ALS.Bursted.A (NAV). You ca scan the system and delete the infected malware because it is a such a low type of virus so you can easily find it and delete it through scanning.

If your using such Microsoft windows operating system and you got any pop ups which related to ALS.Bursted.A virus then immediate go to the any nearest shop and get the new version of anti virus software as well as you need to up date your anti virus software and anti spyware from the system. You can also installed free scanner for the scanning the data or the whole system. Make sure that that type of virus is found in the file "acad.lsp" located in the current working directory alongside with the *.dwg files.This file is automatically executed on loading the drawing file and after that Three AutoCad commands will be disabled - EXPLODE, XREF and XBIND.

If you want to remove the infected virus then if your using windows xp operating system then it is easy to remove. Because it create back file to the C:\_Restore folder then Virus Scan will be unable to delete these files. You can easily disable the system restore utility like click the properties and then System Restore tab. After that Turn off System Restore on All Drives'. finally click OK. As well as when you want to enable that that time check it as ON mode. When the drawing file is opened, the acad.lsp file is automatically loaded by AutoCAD which causes the virus to be executed. For that prevention ,when the drawing file is opened, the acad.lsp file is automatically loaded by AutoCAD which causes the virus to be executed.
    Last edited by Snake08; 19-02-2010 at 03:16 AM.

The virus will undefined the AutoCAD EXPLODE, XREF, and XBIND internal commands. It then defines three dummy commands with these names. So for the prevention of system you can Use a firewall to block all incoming connections from the Internet to services that should not be publicly available. By default, you should deny all incoming connections and only allow services you explicitly want to offer to the outside world. As well as Configure your email server to block or remove email that contains file attachments that are commonly used to spread threats, such as .vbs, .bat, .exe, .pif and .scr files because at the end The virus first locates and reads the file base.dcl in the AutoCAD search path.