Thread: Protect system from W32/Sober.AA@mm

Protect system from W32/Sober.AA@mm

hi
    i daily used my pc for email and other work on internet. I used windows xp operating system. I always used mails for my personal work but recently i got message like infected by the W32/Sober.AA@mm and it has done by email attachment so i don't know anything about that so anyone tell me how do i remove W32/Sober.AA@mm worm as well as give me some basic detail about that type of worms.

Re: Protect system from W32/Sober.AA@mm

W32/Sober.AA@mm is a computer worms in which programing code which is self replicated. That type of malware used the network to send the copies of data to other on network. These type of worms spread through email attachment. Whenever you open the any unauthorized mail and its attachment that time it automatically spread to system. That type of worms also spread on system use such operating system like windows xp,windows 2000 as well as windows 98. Basically Sober can e-mail itself to all addresses in a user's e-mail address book. It spreads via e-mail using its own SMTP engine so you can used some latest anti virus software for protect your system .
    Last edited by Steve123; 19-02-2010 at 01:19 AM.

If you got any pop ups or if you got that type of worms then immediate go to nearest vendor and check your system as well as always up to date your anti virus and anti spyware. You can also scan the system for finding the bugs and delete it from the system. The W32/Sober.AA@mm worms always unpacked situation and it also run by the user. It also used some directory files like antiv.exe,driver.exe,expoler.exe. So again for prevention always keep your patch levels up-to-date,especially on computers that host public services and are accessible through the firewall, such as HTTP, FTP, mail, and DNS services.
    Last edited by Shen; 19-02-2010 at 01:22 AM.

For the prevention of the system you can restore hal.dll in your system. For that you can click to tart button the program and after that command prompt then Type sfc /scannow ,finally you can insert the windows install CD when prompted. You can also used such a different steps like disable System Restore (Windows Me/XP) for the temporarily turn off System Restore. So if a virus, worm, or Trojan infects a computer, System Restore may back up the virus, worm, or Trojan on the computer. If you ant to prevent your system from virus or worms then you ca used such anti virus like mcAfee ,sophos as well as used Microsoft AntiSpyware.

Sober copies itself to one of several files in the Windows directory, depending on the variant. Basically that type of malware used such a visual basic codding language.Once the infected attachment was opened a variety of system-damaging events occurred anti-virus and other security measures were disabled. W32.Sober.AA@mm is a mass-mailing worm that sends itself out as an email attachment. It also lowers security settings on the compromised computer. Make sure that for the prevention of the system Start your Symantec antivirus program and make sure that it is configured to scan all the files.
    Last edited by Zachary; 19-02-2010 at 01:28 AM.