Thread: Remove the VBS /Potok @ MM

Remove the VBS /Potok @ MM

Help!!! I am using windows vista on my computer and it has been infected by the VBS /Potok @ MM. I do not know how this virus have came in to my system but I have detected it by scanning my computer by the Anti-Virus. I have tried it deleting it by using an anti-virus software installed on my pc but it was unable to remove it. Please help me to remove the VBS /Potok @ MM.

The VBS /Potok @ MM

The VBS /Potok @ MM can be the virus detection. The VBS /Potok @ MM threat can be detected dangerously as the New Script with the 4140 engine. The VBS /Potok @ MM can be the mass-mailing virus that can requires the Microsoft WindowsNT/2000 in order to replicate on to the users system. I hope this information can works for you. If you can not able to resolve the problem then reply me.

Remove the VBS /Potok @ MM

The VBS /Potok @ MM virus can requires the Microsoft windows NT/2000 to infect your machine. The VBS /Potok @ MM can be the first well known VBScript virus that can uses the NTFS streams in order to activate. Whenever you can execute the VBS /Potok @ MM, it can copies itself into the directory of the Windows as : driver.doc .vbs. So, you can delete the system files that can be created by the VBS /Potok @ MM into your directory.
    Last edited by Big Fish; 18-02-2010 at 09:38 PM.

Re: Remove the VBS /Potok @ MM

The VBS /Potok @ MM virus can uses NTFS streams in order to hide presence of itself on to the users computer. Virus code can be copied into these streams and then can be copied back into a file before executing it. the following files can be present in your windows directory due to infection of VBS /Potok @ MM :
    %WinDir%\SYSTEM32\GO.VBS %WinDir%\driver.doc
    %WinDir%\SYSTEM32\RAS\NOTEPAD.VBS

The VBS /Potok @ MM virus

The VBS /Potok @ MM virus can has the four streams as : a group stream, a user stream, a main stream, and a mail stream :
    1. The user stream can an attempts to create a new account on the user's machine.
    2. The mail stream can an attempts to send the virus to the first 50 recipients in the Address Book of the Microsoft Outlook.
    3. The group stream can an attempts to add the new user into the Administrator group.
    4. The main stream can an attempts to access the new account of the user.

Re: Remove the VBS /Potok @ MM

I suggest you to install the Norton Anti-Virus and can run Live Update of the Norton Anti-Virus to ensure that you can have the most recent virus definitions :
    1. Start the Norton Anti-Virus and execute the a full scan of your system, making ensure that Norton can set to scan all of your files.
    2. Then Delete any files that can be detected as the VBS.Potok@mm.
    3. If the file Odbc.ini can be detected as infected by the VBS.Potok@mm, then delete the file Odbc.ini.
    4. If you can found that any unrecognized and new account of Administrator can exists then delete that administrator account.