Thread: How to solve antivirus.vbs problem

How to solve antivirus.vbs problem

Hi friends,
    I am using my computer with windows Vista and the antivirus which i use is Avast antivirus. I have the latest and updated antivirus which helps me to protect my computer from the viruses and threats which cause infection in my computer. From the last few days i am getting a message (cannot find script file : "c/windows/system32/antivirus.vbs ") which comes on my desktop whenever i start my computer. I don't understand what is going on and how this message is prompts me again and again whenever i start my computer.

Re: How to solve antivirus.vbs problem

As i have noticed that antivirus.vbs file is a virus file, which would have been occurred due to other infected file by the virus. As you said that you have the latest version of your antivirus, may be you have scanned your system and in that the file would have been deleted by your antivirus guard. This is the reason why you get this messsage. I am also facing same kind of problem and trying to solve it. Hope you understand the cause of this file which prompts you whenever you restart your computer.

As snake said earliar that why you are facing this message problem. The cause which he had explaind was write but he haven't guided you how to remove themessage. Never mind i'll tell you, it is a virus that is deleted by your antivirus but your antivirus have not clear the registry, this is the reason why you are getting this message. To remove this message you need to go to the Start and then to the Run and there type "regedit" and search for the antivirus.vbs file, if you find it try to remove it. Your problem will be solved.

If your computer is infected and you are getting this message regurlary and if your are unable to find this file which you want delete it, then you must absolutely need this tool which can help you to get rid from it. Just install Ad-Aware SE Personal from the net, it is easily available on the net and very easy to use. It is important and don't forget to always do an update of all your antispyware and viruses before you perform a virus scan.

What i came to know with your problem is that the windows uses ".vbs" files as a script file in our system which is located by the applications and operating system. When we run our antivirus softwares they recognise this file as a malware or threat and they perform the deletion and quarantines them. Keep in mid when you scan your system, if the antivirus finds such files then just try to locate such files in the antivirus quarantine which you can restore them after the scan is completed.

If you get this kind of messages then you need to do a online scan for your computer with a trusted site. You can also find the solution by going on the web search. Better to know that what is the cause of the file and how we can safely remove it. As many of the post's they have suggested you the solution try them and see weather it works if not then update your systems virus definition with respect to your antivirus. Online scanning should solve your problem, as most of the scanning tool they have a repairing tool.