Thread: How to take folder backup of Windows Home Server in External hard Drive?

How to take folder backup of Windows Home Server in External hard Drive?

Hi there, I am using the Windows 7 in which i had configure my PC with the Windows Home Server and connected computer in network. my problem is that i wanted to take the backup of the Folder of Windows Home Server to external hard drive but don't know How to take folder backup of Windows Home Server in External hard Drive? So help me to fond out this. Thank you

Re: How to take folder backup of Windows Home Server in External hard Drive?

For that first you have to add the external hard drive to the Windows home server so that you can perform the backup on the same. After adding it just go to the Computer & backup tab and the right click on the server whose back up you wish to create and select Backup now from the Context menu. A click the destination as external hard driver and the click on the Backup now button to create backup. Thats it !!!!

To take the backup of the Windows Home Server to the external hard drive just follow the step that has been given below to work with the same. I hope that you will like it and work with it. Say thanks if you like the same.
    • Click on start
    • Search for Windows Home Server
    • Click on Windows Home Server to open
    • Now click on the Computer & Backup tab
    • Now Right Click on Server and select the Backup Now
    • After that select the destination drive and file to be backup
    • Click on Backup button
    • Wait till the backup complete
    • And you are done with the Back.

Windows Home Server will automatically backup your home computers to the home server and allow you to easily restore the entire computer or an individual file or folder to a previous point in time. The Windows Home Server Backup solution backs up only the data that has not already been backed up. Even if you have several copies of the same data on different computers, the data is backed up only once on your home server and your home server keeps track of what data was stored on each home computer on each day. This makes it efficient in the time it takes for backups to complete and the amount of space that is used on your home server.

hey thanks for your reply that you have given me to work with the Windows Home Server to take the backup to the External hard drive and i will achieve the same but there is some interruption that is with the Adding the External hard drive that i am unable to perform. So please let me know about the configuring the external hard drive to the Windows Home Server.

This can be done by following the some step that will make the external hard drive compatible with the Windows Home server and also you can take any back up on the same. Just Click on the link given below that will guide you for all the step to perform the adding of the External hard drive.
    How to add an external hard drive to Windows Home Server?