Thread: Trojan: PDFJs-GE initializing PDF Files downloads

Trojan: PDFJs-GE initializing PDF Files downloads

My new Dell Studio laptop is been severely infected by the Trojan- PDFJs-GE. I had installed Symantec anti-virus on computer which detected this trojan for a PDF file. I am unaware as to when this file actually was stored on my computer. but ever since then there are unknown PDF Files downloads that would start. I guess the Trojan- PDFJs-GE initializes these PDF files downloads. How to stop all this?

Switch to Safe Mode and Scan

There are certain viruses and trojans that are known to be not detected on normal booting mode of Windows. Thus the Windows Safe Mode can be made use of to detect and delete such malicious codes form your computer. The Windows Safe Mode disables all third party services thereby disabling any illegal processes of the trojan or virus located in the system. Then you can just scan your computer and delete it easily. Use F8 button to boot your computer to safe mode when booting or re-booting your computer.

PDFJs-GE Torjan loads malicious PDF Files and Malwares

The PDFJs-GE Torjan is a illegal program that when loaded on a system tends to load infected PDF Files containing malwares and other malicious codes from the internet. This is why you are getting PDF downloads when you connect to the internet. This Trojan aims to exploit the Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat for their vulnerabilities to infect them. This trojan might have made way to your computer when you unknowingly would have opened an spam email containing a malicious file or visited a malicious website.

Restore Computer's Settings

In order to get your computer back to stable safe state I recommend you to restore your computer settings. This can be done by using the Windows Restore utility. This utility of Windows keeps an account of various safe point that can be used to restore your computer's settings as and when required. It will roll back all settings to the selected Safe point. Make use of this to get rid of the trojan in your computer.

Setup Windows Firewall

The trojan might be getting an easy access to the internet as the Windows Firewall might be absent in your system. This is inturns makes it difficult for the antivirus to delete the detected infection. So you should first setup the Windows Firewall. This is done as mentioned below:
    1. Launch the Start Menu.
    2. Open the Control Panel.
    3. Click on Security.
    4. Click on Windows Firewall.
    5. Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off. (Administrators Rights required)
    6. Click On (recommended)
    7. Click on OK button.