Thread: Error code 14 : Unable to sync iDisk

Error code 14 : Unable to sync iDisk

Hi,

I have a imac desktop, I am not able to sync my iDisk with my macintosh pc . I keep getting the Error code 14. I am not able to access Internet. I have searched I can't find a solution. Has this happened to anyone else? How can it be fixed?

Re: Error code 14 : Unable to sync iDisk

Make sure that the cables that belong to the modem are connected correctly and firmly. Check the power cord while the modem, the cable from the modem to the computer and the cable from the modem to the outlet. To ensure that the plug is correctly plugged in, unplug the cable, and then close it down again. Make sure that the cable is not damaged, frayed or damaged in other ways.

To remove Error code 14, Turn off your DSL or cable modem for several minutes and then on again to reset the modem to factory settings. If the device has a battery, be sure to remove them eventually to reset the device completely. For modems and routers with VoIP, this is completely normal. Some ISPs recommend that you pull out the modem cord. This is necessary if the modem has no power button.

First, determine if the DSL or cable modem has a "standby" light or button. Some modems may be possible in standby mode, no connection to the Internet. If this applies to you, please make sure that the modem is not in standby mode. Other indicator lights provide useful information about the cable connections. A light with the name "Cable" or "online" or similar. specifies, for example, whether the network of the ISP is available. An indicator light labeled "PC" or "connection" indicates whether the hardware connection between the computer and the modem. A positive link light points in almost all cases that the Ethernet ports to function correctly on both devices. Therefore, a positive link light is an error or failure of the Ethernet port as the cause of the problem almost unlikely.

If two or more computers to share one Internet connection, make sure that the network is set up correctly. You need to know if your ISP provides only one IP address, or provides multiple IP addresses. If only one IP address used must be able to deploy your network router to connect to the sharing. This is called Network Address Translation (NAT, Network Address Translation) or IP-called masking. In your router's documentation for instructions on configuration.

Check your TCP / IP settings in Network preferences, and make sure that "integrates Ethernet (is)" is your primary network interface.

1. Select the Apple menu, select System Preferences.
    2. Select "Network" from the View menu.
    3. Make sure that the entry "Ethernet (integrated)" in the list of network connections do not have the status "Inactive".
    4. Make sure also that "Ethernet (integrated)" is selected, or the primary network connection: Click the Action button (gear icon) in the list of network connections, and select "set order of services ...". Now you can move the services to change their order. The services are listed in order of priority.
    5. Choose from the following list, a network port to configure it.
    6. Click on "Advanced" and then click the tab "TCP / IP.
    7. Follow the instructions for setting up this area, which you received from your ISP.
    8. When you are finished, click "OK".
    9. Click Apply Now, if you've made changes.