Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 16-02-2010

BackDoor-ELF virus infection

Hello, I am working on the Windows xp and recently my computer get infected by the virus which is having name as BackDoor-ELF and it is not able to remove from my computer, with the help of my antivirus application. If you are having any solution from which I can able to remove all of the viruses from my computer, then please help me to achieve it.
Old 16-02-2010

Re: BackDoor-ELF virus infection

Hello, I think you must need to make use of the any other antivirus application and then you can able to get solution for your problem:
  • AOL Active Virus Shield
  • Avast! Home Edition
  • AVG Anti-Virus
  • BitDefender
  • F-Secure
  • Kaspersky Anti-Virus
  • McAfee VirusScan
  • Quick Heal AntiVirus
Old 16-02-2010

Hello, I think you have not updated your antivirus application and that is why you are getting this problem. So, you need to first update your antivirus application and by making use of it you can scan you computer and by scanning you will able to remove all of the viruses from your computer. If your antivirus is having updated database then only you will able to get the solution for your problem. So, just use updated antivirus and solve your problem.
Old 16-02-2010

Hi, it may possible that the virus which is detected in your computer is making use of the applications file or any other resource file and that is why you are getting this problem. So, just scan your computer at boot time and then you will able to get solution for your problem. I have used many time avast home edition and Mcafee antivirus for boottime scanning of my computer. You can simply achieve it and get your problem solved.
Old 16-02-2010

Hello, I am using Mcafee antivirus and it is providing me better solution for protection of the virus. You can use it for protecting your computer from virus infection :
  • Cover all the bases
  • Defend against threats that target Microsoft
  • Curb outbreak damage
  • Scans memory for malicious code
  • Protect email programs
  • Keep script-type threats at bay
  • Lock down files
  • Advanced rootkit detection
Old 16-02-2010

Hi, Formatting is the better option if you want to solve your problem completely. If you format your hard drive then you will able to get solution for your problem. So, you just need to take backup of your computer and then by making use of another operating system setup you can able to get the problem solved for your virus infection.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , ,