Thread: How to remove W32.Harakit

How to remove W32.Harakit

My friend is using Widnows XP as his operating system and from few days he is facing some issue with his system, so he had called me up to check out his system when i had scan his computer i found that his system was being infected with W32.Harakit because of which he was facing issue and he was using trail version of anti virus where his anti virus was not able to remove it.

Cannot remove W32.Harakit Worm

W32.Harakit is a worm which spreads on your system and try to run remote drives with the help of autorun.inf file which then executes malicious file whenever the drive is being accessed. This worm help hackers where they can steal your personal and important information. This could cause you major problems such as identity theft and financial loss.

How to remove W32.Harakit

If you really want to remove W32.Harakit from your system then you need to reboot and login into safe mode and then click on start go to run option and type regedit, then registry window would get open from here find and delete the following registry and reboot your system for changes to get effected.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices\"cftm" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cftm.exe"
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\ Run\"csrcs" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrcs.exe"
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\ Run\"cftm" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cftm.exe"
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\"cftm" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cftm.exe"

Need help in removing W32.Harakit

Thanks for replying me i had try to delete the above mention registry but that didn't helped me a lot is there any other alternative way where i can remove W32.Harakit from my system or can anyone suggest me any good software which is capable of removing W32.Harakit from my system. Please reply to this thread.

Remove W32.Harakit from your

In that case i would suggest you to download latest version of Symantec anti virus and run on your system, i am sure this will remove W32.Harakit from your system, but if you are still having W32.Harakit on your system then you need to format your c drive and install a fresh copy of Window XP.