Thread: How to play PC audio files on PS3

How to play PC audio files on PS3

Hi,
    I have some audio and video files. I have a Samsung LCD TV with PS3 attached to it. I had seen that it is possible to view my files on the playstation which is stored in my computer. But for that is needed to do. I had connected my playstation to my PC and now I am stucked here about the further processor. How to stream a audio from PC via PlayStation on a home theater system. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to play PC audio files on PS3

It is possible to do that on your Playstation. All you need to connect your PlayStation to Windows Network. And you need a media server for that. If you have Windows XP Media Server Edition then that music or audio files can be streamed via Cyberlink Home Theater software. That too on your tip of your remote control. You can also use any third party media server.

For this the PC and the PS3 should both be connected to your local network. That can be a windows LAN connection nor CPL does not matter, except that if the flow between the two is too low it can be jerks when playing movies in HD. And you will also need Java run-time. Download Java software PS3 Media Server and then you can stream music out from it.

There are many other software to do the same thing as simply Winamp or Windows Media Player but the one I propose is by far the most complete and most efficient. This media server are able to read the PS3 files. Mkv to watch videos in HD without having to convert them. Just install Java PS3 Media Server. When you run it it will show you the play-station and then you can set up the things in sharing folder.

Run your Media server and then first check if the PS3 is correctly detected by the software, you must get the following screen. After that go to the tab navigation / Sharing Folders is the adjustments that are necessary to perform. Sometime the automatic generation of thumbnails for videos is malfunctioned, so forthat see the settings. It is due to the impr.screen file issue. This generates the the thumbnails for movies.

The one of the most important thing is you have to add your files manually in the media server. You can see a green plus button which will enable you to add your music files and folders. Other options are only details and shall not prevent the correct reading, you see according to your preferences. Once you're done, click on Save and then restart it.