Thread: Belkin Router disconnects from the network

Belkin Router disconnects from the network

Hello there, I am facing some problems with the Belkin router which I have bought recently. I have a desktop computer which is installed with Window xp operating system and has an Internet connection which is provided by the Belkin router. The problem is Belkin Router disconnects from the network and hence there is no internet available on the computer. The router disconnects and then connects to the network again after sometime. I cant figure out what is causing the problem and hence need your help in solving the issue. Please help.

Re: Belkin Router disconnects from the network

Check if the configuration of the network which you are using. If the configuration of the network changes then all the devices connected to the network will not be able to use all the resources of the network due to which many of the devices get disconnected. Also the configuration of the network changes when some device is added or removed from the network hence check the configuration of the network and revert the changes if there are any. Save the changes and then see the performance of the router.

If the router is not able to handle the traffic then the router will disconnect itself from the network. All the routers work on the algorithm. If the algorithm of the router is not smart enough then it will not be able to handle the traffic properly and hence it will disconnect itself from the network. To solve such issues you will either have to upgrade the firmware of the router and then see if the router disconnects from the network. To upgrade the firmware of the router, connect the router to the computer using the console cable and then visit the official website of the manufacturer. Download and install the latest firmware which is available for the model of the router which you are using.

Scan all the computers which are connected to the router, as the problem which you are facing can be because of virus infected computer. Some virus's have the tendency of broadcasting unnecessary information on the communication channel. Due to such behavior the router is not able to communicate with all the device which are connected on the network as the communication channel is already flooded. This further leads to the router getting disconnected from the network. Hence scan all the computers for any virus and repair or quarantine the files which are infected. Check the performance of the network after repairing all the infected files.

If the router is not configured properly then the disconnection from the network is tend to happen. You will have to configure the router properly so that it does not gets disconnected from the network. To configure the router, first locate and press the Factory settings button on the router. Once all the default settings are loaded, login to the router using the computer. Open the configuration page and then contact your ISP to guide you through the configuration of the router. Configure the router as per the settings which are provided by the ISP. Save the configuration and then reboot the router.