Thread: Airport Express Error 3256

Airport Express Error 3256

Hi,

I have a imac with mac os x 10.5. My problem is that when I try to connect Airport Express with itunes. I get a error -3256. I have tried searching on the other forums but didn't found any solutions. I am not am to make it work, can you provide me the perfect solution ???

Re: Airport Express Error 3256

If you have one or more computer Base Station, check if all clients are affected. If so, concentrate on solving the problems of client settings on that computer. Ensure that the AirPort card on that computer is properly installed and the antenna connected.

This is normal and not indicative of any problem with your Apple computer or your Internet service provider. If the base station in a place not easily unplug it, you can restart it using the AirPort Admin Utility or AirPort Utility. If your DHCP lease time seems too short, contact your Internet service provider to see if there are other problems on the network.

If clients are connected to the base station with a strong signal but can not use the network (eg to browse the web or share files locally), check if you have a PPPoE scenario. If you have not used the AirPort Setup Assistant or AirPort Utility, or if you've made configuration changes after using it, you might be helpful to use these components now.

If you use a firewall or a third router, make sure it is configured to allow UDP traffic. If you encounter this error while using the firewall built Mac OS X, follow these steps to make sure that UDP traffic is not blocked:

1. Open System Preferences.
    2. Select the Sharing pane.
    3. Go on the Firewall tab.
    4. Click the Advanced button.
    5. Check the option Block UDP Traffic is not selected.

If you use a cable modem, unplug the power supply for at least 30 seconds to fully reset it. You can also press the reset button if it has one. Erasing the memory of the modem, you may address a situation in which certain types of cable modems require the MAC (media access control) of a previously connected device. In rare cases, it is possible that the Internet service provider need to manually reset the address.