Thread: Not able to connect to Wireless network using Dell Studio XPS 8100 Desktop

Not able to connect to Wireless network using Dell Studio XPS 8100 Desktop

Hello guys, i am having the Dell Studio XPS 8100 Desktop which comes with the Wireless LAN for accessing internet using the wireless network. But the problem which i am getting is that some times i am not able to connect to the wireless network present and suppose if i am connected to the network then the connection keeps dropping on the regular intervals. I also have the laptop which has the Wi-Fi but it is working properly. So how can i resolve the issue of wireless network of Dell Studio XPS 8100 Desktop.

Re: Not able to connect to Wireless network using Dell Studio XPS 8100 Desktop

You have the problem with your Dell Studio XPS 8100 Desktop and the problem is with the Wireless LAN of your desktop computer system. Most of the time you are not able to connect to the internet using the wireless LAN of your computer system. If you are connected then the connection is dropped after sometime. So i think you should reinstall the Wireless LAN driver software again on your computer system. After that this issue will be resolved.

I think this is the issue of the software which you are using in your Dell Studio XPS 8100 Desktop for connecting to the wireless network present at your place. I think reinstallation of that software can fix this problem. If you are using the default software of the Windows operating system for managing the wireless networks in your desktop computer then this can be the settings issue also.

You have not mentioned the operating system that you are using with this Dell Studio XPS 8100 Desktop. I think this desktop come preloaded with the Windows 7 operating system and you should have the drivers software and other software for the Wireless LAN of your Dell desktop. You can get the driver software of this desktop from the official website of the DELL. You can download the drivers directly from here which leads to the official website of the DELL.
    http://supportapj.dell.com/support/d...hs1&l=en&s=dhs

Select the Model number of you desktop and download the softwares for the Windows 7 operating system.

You have mentioned in your query that you are also having the laptop and on the laptop the WLAN is working properly without any issues. If you are connecting the Dell Studio XPS 8100 Desktop and the laptop to the wireless router at the same time then it is possible that the laptop is fetching all the bandwidth of the wireless network that is why you are not able to connect to the network using Dell desktop and if connected then you are getting disconnected after some time. So connect to the network for the desktop after disconnecting the Laptop from the network.

If all the above mentioned solutions are not able to solve the wireless network issue of the Dell Studio XPS 8100 Desktop then i think this is the issue of the hardware part of the WLAN connected to your desktop computer system that is why you are not able to connect to the wireless network present at your place using the WLAN of the Dell desktop. For solving this issue will should contact to the Dell service center or call on the Dell helpline.