Thread: How to remove protected virus

How to remove protected virus

A couple of days when i was using net on my computer and browsing for videos on youtube, a virus appeared on my computer. I scanned my computer with the help of avast antivirus. It was able to find out the virus, but when i tried to send it to the vault, a message appeared stating that "the virus is protected". I tried to delete it but it was not deleting by any mean. Please help me to remove this virus as it is opening an inappropriate windows when i browse on the net.

Re: How to remove protected virus

Some information about this kind of virus is specified as it is a kind of Torjan virus. I will provide you some better solution to remove such viruses from the system. As you have stated that you are facing this problem so if you want to remove it please follow these steps:

First of all try to reboot your system windows in "Safe mode".
    When you find a popup is opened type CTRL+ALT+DELETE and try to search for the opened popup file name, then search for the file.
    After that right click on the infected files and in "General" option check the "Read only" box.

These steps will provide you to stop trojans process in your computer.

As you said that your computer is infected by a protected virus, and you are using Avast antivirus. It would be great if you update your antivirus and try removing. On the other hand you can do format of your computer, by doing this you would be able to remove all infected files from your computer. When you have formatted your computer you have to do the updation of your antivirus and check all the available solution for the virus on the internet.

If you want then you can try this method which i used. First go to the official site of symentec and then in the site click on the go button then under the virus detection there click on the start. You might be asked to download and install ActiveX Controls for the scanning purpose. If anything is found then and do a search for what you found out. Symantec usually it has a removal tool or it has a directions for removing manually. It is important to follow all the steps for removal.

I think you need to do a system restore it will help you to extract it out from the system. You can see other good siftware like RegCure, Registry Cleaner, Mastrscan and Xoftspy. If that also fails then you can try to use a OS independent booter such as MiniPE or BartPE, that runs from a CD which has the operation system and other essential utilities, fixter files, antivirus wares, etc. This is the best tool which comes in many version. It is a great tool which can help you to overcome your problem.

I would suggest you to use "ClamWin" which is a free Antivirus for Microsoft which can detect and remove more than Trojans, spywares and other viruses. To use it you need to install portable version of ClamWin anti-virus in your USB pen drive and scan your PC with the help of it.

Procedure to do the scanning.

• Click on the icon and Start Clamwin anti-virus and try to update the latest anti-virus definition files.
    • Select the tools from the menu bar and set to remove virus.
    • After that start the infected PC in the safe mode by pressing F8 during boot.
    • Run the Clamwin Anti-virus which is installed on the USB pen drive to scan the
      infected PC.
    • After you have removed the virus, install "ccleaner" to remove the viruses left over setting in the windows registry.