Thread: How to update Microsoft Security Essential automatically before scanning?

How to update Microsoft Security Essential automatically before scanning?

Hi there, I am using the Microsoft Security Essential for security of the computer against the Virus but having one issue with the same. I have kept a schedule scan for my computer but before that i have to make the manual update so that computer gets scanned with the latest definition update of virus. So if you have idea about How to update Microsoft Security Essential automatically before scanning? please help me.

Re: How to update Microsoft Security Essential automatically before scanning?

If you are using the Microsoft Security essential for your computer then you don't have to update it manually you can get the update automatically from the Microsoft before schedule scanning gets started. All you have to do is to make a setting in the setting tab and select the update before schedule scan. Thats all i can have for you. I hope this will help you. Thanks

Hey thanks for all your reply that you have given me regarding the automatic update of the Microsoft security Essentials and a quick response of your regarding the same is appreciated. But if you help me more with the setting for that then it will be easier for me to make the update automatically. I have gone through all the detail you have provided but could not found the automatic update. So please describe every thing in detail.

Of for that just folow the steps that i am giving you to work with the automatic update of the anti virus database definition update. So go with the same and let me know that you have achieved the same this time. Hope you like it.

1. Just start the MSE
    2. Go to the Setting tab
    3. Now look for 'Check for the latest spyware and virus definitions before running a scheduled scan'
    4. if found check it.

Thats it! Now it will automatically update before schedule scanning.

Virus and spyware definitions are files that act like an encyclopedia of known malicious software, including viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software. Because malicious software is continually being developed, Microsoft Security Essentials relies on up-to-date definitions to determine if software that is trying to install, run, or change settings on your computer is a virus, spyware, or other potentially unwanted software.

To automatically check for new definitions before scheduled scans (recommended)
    1. Click Settings, and then click Scheduled scan.
    2. Make sure the Check for the latest virus & spyware definitions before running a scheduled scan check box is selected, and then click Save changes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or confirm the action.