Thread: Deleting w32/zotob.worm from windows 7

Deleting w32/zotob.worm from windows 7

My system is infected by a w32/zotob.worm virus and it usually notifies me about this virus. For you information i am running the windows 7 operating system. I have also installed the avast antivirus and is unable to delete the virus please guide me in deleting the w32/zotob.worm virus. Thanks in advance.

Re: Deleting w32/zotob.worm from windows 7

Most probably your antivirus is not able to delete the copy of the antivirus you are using because i think that you are using a free copy of the antivirus also i think that unless and until you do not buy the paid version of the antivirus which you are using it will not prove to be helpful in deleting the threat.

You may not be having a licensed version of the antivirus or else your system is not supporting the antivirus which you have installed on your system. I think that the Norton security is the best so that it will help you in order to remove this w32/zotob.worm from your system. you must try to buy this online.

The antivirus cannot be deleted from the system because you have not updated the virus definition of the antivirus which you are using so try to update the virus definition before running the scan on your system. If the problem persists still then i think you should download a different antivirus like AVG 9

have you tried the malwarebytes antimalware utility if not, then i will suggest you to download and install the malwarebytes antimalware utility on your system . After the installation simply update it and quickly scan your whole system this will definitely detect and delete the viruses. This will resolve the virus

Mainly the antivirus could not delete virus because the antivirus which you are using may not be a paid version so i will suggest you to download and install any paid version of the antivirus like the AVG 9, mc Afee etc. these paid versions really work well with these kinds of threats. All the best.