Thread: Trojan.Fakeav-42 has infected the system

Trojan.Fakeav-42 has infected the system

The McAfee antivirus that I am using has alerted me that Trojan.Fakeav-42 has infected the system. I am using Windows Vista operating system and my browser is Opera 10. The problem is that even if the antivirus has detected this infection, I cannot remove it from the antivirus interface. Nothing happens when I try to delete this infection from my system. I am getting irritated by the alerts of this infections. Hence, please provide the solutions to remove the same.

Re: Trojan.Fakeav-42 has infected the system

If Trojan.Fakeav-42 has infected the system and the antivirus is not able to delete it, then it means that the antivirus is not up-to-date. When you update the database of the antivirus, the signatures of the new infections that are released by the attackers are added to its database and hence, the infections can be detected and deleted when they enter into the system . So, I suggest you to update your antivirus and you will be able to delete this infection from your system.

The following files have to be deleted if Trojan.Fakeav-42 has infected the system:
    • AntivirusPro_2010.exe
    • AVEngn.dll
    • Install[1].exe
    • wscui.cpl
    • _scui.cpl

This is because when this infection enters into the system, it installs with the names that are mentioned above. This method of deletion is called as the manual deletion of the infection.

If Trojan.Fakeav-42 has infected the system, then you must be aware, since this infection is a trojan and the name itself tells that. The files of this infection seem to be legible from outside and they work internally as a malicious content, that is disrupt the processes of the system. So, I advice you to format the computer and install a fresh copy of the operating system that you are using. This will help to solve the problem.

May be you should install an Spyware Doctor, if Trojan.Fakeav-42 has infected the system. This is actually an anti-malware that can stay in the background of the system and check for the applications and programs that are causing the malicious activities in the system. When such system components are found to be installed in the computer, then they are eradicated from the system permanently.

Hello there, I recommend you to install Quick Heal antivirus, since Trojan.Fakeav-42 has infected the system. You can enable the boot scan by using this antivirus in your system. The boot scanning takes place before the startup of the operating system and hence, the infections cannot execute at this time. So, they remain inactive and hence, the antivirus can easily eradicate them from the system.