Thread: Alerts of Trojan.Win32.FakeAV!IK while browsing the internet

Alerts of Trojan.Win32.FakeAV!IK while browsing the internet

I am having a problem in my system that has Windows XP Service Pack 2 installed in it with the browser being IE 8. The situation is that I am getting the alerts of Trojan.Win32.FakeAV!IK while browsing the internet. The Avast antivirus that I have installed in my system helps to delete this infections when it enters into the system. But, I need some technique that will help me to protect my system from being infected by the infections.

Re: Alerts of Trojan.Win32.FakeAV!IK while browsing the internet

If you are getting alerts of Trojan.Win32.FakeAV!IK while browsing the internet, then I suggest you to enable the firewall in the system. This is because when the system is on the network, the firewall becomes the entry point for all the data and information that comes into the system. So, it checks for the malicious content, if any is present in the information that is entering into the system. They are not allowed to enter the computer, if the malicious content if found.

The Automatic Updates needs to be started if there are alerts of Trojan.Win32.FakeAV!IK while browsing the internet. Follow the steps that are given below:
    1. Click on Start
    2. Then, go to Control Panel.
    3. Here, select System.
    4. Now, click on Automatic Updates.
    5. There, select the setting that has been recommended.

The alerts of Trojan.Win32.FakeAV!IK while browsing the internet can be stopped only when you stop downloading the pirated softwares from the web. The attackers know that many users search for the pirated softwares on the internet and hence, they embed the infections along with the pirated softwares and upload them onto the websites. So, when the user will be downloading the pirated softwares, they will be actually downloading the infections into the system.

I suggest you to beware while opening email attachments from the unknown users because this may be a reason why there are alerts of Trojan.Win32.FakeAV!IK while browsing the internet. The attackers send mails in bulk to all possible ids along with the infections in the mail. So, it is your responsibility to keep your system safe from the infections that are spreading in this manner. For this, you just have to avoid opening such email attachments.

The following steps needs to be followed to stop the alerts of Trojan.Win32.FakeAV!IK while browsing the internet:
    • Use up-to-date antivirus software.
    • Beware while accepting file transfers.
    • Protect yourself against social engineering attacks.
    • Use strong passwords for all your Windows accounts.