Thread: Deletion method for TROJ_FAKEALE.SME

Deletion method for TROJ_FAKEALE.SME

The Escan antivirus that I have installed in my system has detected TROJ_FAKEALE.SME in my system. I am using Windows Vista operating system an the browser that I am using is Mozilla Firefox. I cannot understand why the antivirus is not helping me to get rid of this infection. If anyone knows the deletion method for TROJ_FAKEALE.SME, kindly reply as soon as possible.

Re: Deletion method for TROJ_FAKEALE.SME

The deletion method for TROJ_FAKEALE.SME is to manually remove the following files from your system:
    • HomeAntivirus2010.exe
    • wscui.cpl
    • scui.cpl

When the infection enters into the system, it installs with the above mentioned names, hence its process needs to be stopped first and then, their manual deletion has to be done.

From the name itself it can be seen that TROJ_FAKEALE.SME is a trojan. The files of these infections seem to be genuine programs from outside, since they work internally as a malicious content. So, the only solution that can used as a deletion method for TROJ_FAKEALE.SME is to format the computer and install a fresh copy of the operating system that you are using.

The best deletion method for TROJ_FAKEALE.SME is to use an anti-malware in the system. These anti-malwares are different from the normal antivirus, since they can stay in the background and check for the malicious activities that are being caused by the applications and programs in the system. When it finds them, they are removed from the computer .

Boot scanning can be be used as a deletion method for TROJ_FAKEALE.SME and such other infections. This is an assured technique to get rid of all the infections in the system because the scan takes place before the startup of the operating system. At this time, the infections cannot execute and as a result, remain inactive. You will have to install Quick Heal antivirus in your system to get this feature of boot scanning.

The ultimate deletion method for TROJ_FAKEALE.SME and such other types of infections is enabling the system restore. When you do the system restore to a particular time, all the applications and programs that have been installed during this particular time interval will be removed. SO, this method will also remove the infections, if any are installed in the system.