Thread: Anti Spyware & Anti Keylogger For MAC

Anti Spyware & Anti Keylogger For MAC

Hello everyone,

I am new to the Mac world and I wanted to know if there were anti spyware, anti keylogger on Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard).

I looking around on forums and I find nothing ... and it may be normal since it's Mac OS.

Thank you in advance for your information.

Re: Anti Spyware & Anti Keylogger For MAC

Currently there is no real virus or any spyware on mac (or any keylogger) so no need of installing anti spywaes and anti keloggers on mac, they won't do anything , they will just occupy memory space.

LogKext is a keylogger that worked fairly well on Tiger but I think in Leopard it allocates a lot of CPU cycles for nothing ....

I have tested it, btu rememeber it works only from the terminal.

LogKext is the only kernel-based freeware keylogger for Mac OS X. LogKext is a freeware opensource keylogger for OS X that hooks into the kernel to bypass userspace security.

Refer to following threads:

Keylogger for Mac
    Anti Spyware For Mac
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Thank you all for your responses.

So if I understand not need anti keylogger or anti spyware from the moment it has not installed.

There is therefore no silent installation of apps through a web browser on Mac OS?

For "logKext" if it is installed, I should find it in my applications or elsewhere? Certainly for the installation of an application, pass the administrator is requested, but as the Mac is used by my friend, how do you know if it has not informed without knowing exactly what they correspond?

Safari warns you when you download an application and ask confirmation. And in any case, if an application must go through an installer because it modifies the system requires a password manager. It is not at Microsoft, even !

If you do not trust, you can make it a standard user session for your friend. Otherwise, you can edit (add) a password to an existing account in System Preferences> Accounts

Dylan18 Guest

For mac u can use Protemac Netmine. I have Leopard and use it for control network activity and as firewall.It's must be helpful to you.Try.

Valentina_Sk Guest

You can use ProteMac KeyBag. You can monitor your computer and will know about everythng was done on it.

Currently there is no real virus or any spyware on mac (or any keylogger) so no need of installing anti spywaes and anti keloggers on mac, they won't do anything , they will just occupy memory space.
    Nah, mac is no longer safe anymore, when you google "mac keylogger" you will get a long list. An anti-keylogger is in need but I found this Aobo Mac Keylogger is free from AV software's detect and even able to record password? Mac is never free from keyloggers!
    So, to keep safe I suggest you install an anti-keylogger ASAP! I don't know if they work, but it's better than nothing! Google is your best friend dude!

Yeah!
    I'm using ProteMac Key Bag PRO too.
    Nice programm.

I am agree with the above suggestion. I would like to tell you that ProteMac KeyBag is a stealth keystroke monitor as well as recorder designed for the Mac computer. KeyBag executes in the background, totally untraceable by the user therefore it won’t interfere through way you work on PC. For home as well as business use, ProteMac KeyBag is a helpful tool designed for productivity with security.

I'm using ProteMac software too.
    Very pleasant that there are so many good reviews of KeyBag PRO. I think it's good too)